PDA

View Full Version : Is this orc list friendly?

Malorian
03-05-2010, 17:45
So I posted a lizardmen list before and the vote was no, so I've now made a 3k orc list using a pair of trial savage great shaman builds:

Lvl 4 savage great shaman w/ battle axe of the last waaagh (general)
Lvl 4 savage great shaman w/ chariot
Lvl 2 orc shaman w/ itty ring
Lvl 2 goblin shaman w/ wolf chariot w/ scroll
Lvl 2 goblin shaman w/ wolf chariot w/ scroll
Lvl 2 night goblin shaman w/ 5 mushrooms

25 savage orcs w/ spears, FC
25 boyz w/ shield, banner, musician
25 boyz w/ shield, banner, musician
25 boyz w/ shield, banner
25 boyz w/ shield, banner
30 night goblins w/ nets, banner, musician, 2 fanatics
5 wolf riders w/ bows, spears, musician
5 wolf riders w/ bows, spears, musician
5 spider riders w/ musician

Orc chariot
Orc chariot
2 spear chukkas
2 spear chukkas

Doom diver
Troll
Troll

Total: 3000

Now to stay with the theme I maxd out the magic characters, but then again we are talking about orc magic here ;)

So what would you say about this list? Friendly or not?

And which of the savage great shaman builds do you like more? The five str 7 attack combat version, or the crazy smashy chariot one?

Necromancer2
03-05-2010, 18:04
YES! Since your magic is iffy and your troops can squable, there is no cheese here!

Malorian
03-05-2010, 18:05
YES! Since your magic is iffy and your troops can squable, there is no cheese here!

That's an important note, that if/when the unit a shaman is in rolls a 1 for animosity that they won't even be able to cast.

(Excluding the chariot bound ones.)

rtunian
03-05-2010, 19:49
it's friendly by nature of army book choice. i think this is a strong list though. lots and lots of boyz, and possibly 2-3 waaagh! spells going off, w/ 5 chariots. and failing that, plenty of green warty feet stomping down from above.

i'd like to see shaga's on the chariot great sham though :)

Malorian
03-05-2010, 19:58
I have no intention of casting Waaagh! (i like my warmachines too much), but the shaga's staff(sword) certainly sounds interesting :)

Gimp
03-05-2010, 20:04
Its orcs of course its friendly :D

Deglosh
05-05-2010, 12:24
why would you want to field a list like this?
Personally i think it looks like really boring to play.

BigbyWolf
05-05-2010, 14:30
why would you want to field a list like this?
Personally i think it looks like really boring to play.

What exactly strikes you as "boring" about it?

Plenty of fun orcy magic, good solid blocks of troops, fast cav and chariots for mobility and trolls, doom divers and spear chukkas for a bit of variety.

I like the list, I hope you have all the models Mal, because I want to see a youtube Batrep with this bad boy in it!

Catferret
05-05-2010, 15:05
Only suggestion I'd make is to put Da Itty Ring on a Great Shaman. His T5 will be handy for when the thing misfires.

Malorian
05-05-2010, 15:10
I like the list, I hope you have all the models Mal, because I want to see a youtube Batrep with this bad boy in it!

I have the models (only three of the characters aren't painted) and if my opponent lets me take pictures then you can expect a youtube report. ;)

Was VERY surprised to hear an orc army was boring... :confused:

rtunian
05-05-2010, 17:10
Was VERY surprised to here an orc army was boring... :confused:

yeah it's totally boring. all you have is 125 orcs. you should have 125 fanatics. that would be exciting. :shifty:

:p

Jind_Singh
05-05-2010, 18:19
lol, Rtunian speaks the truth! That would be a cool army!

Malorian
05-05-2010, 18:23
Most I can sneak in is 66...

Night goblin big boss (30)
20 night goblins w/ 3 fanatics (135) X22

Total: 3000

Maybe I'll use that army next time :shifty:

:p

rtunian
05-05-2010, 19:40
so to get 150 fanatics, the minimum size army is 6780 points? 1000 gobs, 150 fanatics, 1 boss. oh, and 1 hell of a long time to deploy.

Deglosh
06-05-2010, 19:37
Well i like to do massive melee damage and get my heros stuck in and bash some 'eadZ. And if I fielded this list, i couldnt do that.

I dont really feel that 2 trolls, wich prob will be deployed seperatly, is much fun. Well they are fun to play as the unit they are, but what can 1 troll do in a 3k points fight? i dunno, i dont have experience with 'em.

Youve got 2 chariots wich is pritty fun to field though tbh. And the Doomdiver is just pure gobbo awesomeness.

All-in-all, for my taste, to little melee pwnage and not enough diversity of troops. More or less a waaagh'y wall of boyz. Wich is not a bad thing, typing it like that. But yea i think i made my point. Its just what I think again :P I wouldnt field this. But hey, what if all made identical lists, what good would this forum be? And furthermore, how fun would it be to play?

No dissrepsect, if taken

Furthermore, I think my question was never answered :P I really want to know why you want to field this list, hehehe.
I guess ppl tended to get hung up on the "Personally i think it looks like really boring to play." part.

Malorian
06-05-2010, 19:52
I always run orcs as a horde.

This is just a horde with crazy magic added to it :D

(By the way i've already had my game and the report can be found in the fantasy battle report section under 'Battle of the Savage Shamans'.)

Azshara
08-05-2010, 17:54
It is, because it's an orc army list :).

meneroth
09-05-2010, 03:32
i wouldnt say its a horde (for orcs), but...18ish power dice should be alot of fun. any other army it would be cheesy, but with orcs and animosity + miscast table = insanity. not boring at all. that many power dice just can't be boring. I dont neccessarily think its a good list (like competative wise) but its certianly entertaining.

Ultimate Life Form
09-05-2010, 04:04
I think you would be hard-pressed to make a O&G list that's not friendly.