PDA

View Full Version : Battletech: Dawn of the Jihad

Kahadras
19-02-2006, 02:19
Well I just got hold of the latest update to the Battletech universe and I still trying to make my mind up about it. I think it takes a much bigger step than a lot of the other fluff books that have been produced over the years. I have always prefered the 4th succession war and the first Clan invasion of the Inner sphere for the period that I game in; but Dawn of the Jihad is seriously tempting me into picking up some mechs from the later Tech manuals and having a go at recreating the Wolf Dragoons last stand on Outreach. Has anybody else had chance to have a look at the book yet and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Kahadras

Witchsmeller
19-02-2006, 10:49
Haven't looked at it myself, but you may want to check this out.

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/561391/

Kahadras
19-02-2006, 23:02
Yeah it does look pretty sweet doesn't it? When I manage to scrape together a bit more cash I might pick that up as well. The Fedcom civil war really didn't interest me but I think the sheer scale of the Word of Blake's Jihad really impressed me. I want to find out what happens now so I will probably pick up Hotspots as well :rolleyes:

Kahadras

Iron Grizzly
05-06-2006, 06:06
I have Dawn of the Jihad... it's a real emotional book. Lot's of stuff goes boom! It's a fun read and I love the Chaos Unbound campaign. I intend to play through it for sure.

DraXaus
05-06-2006, 07:09
The Clan invasion was also my favorite time period in the battletech universe. And I'm glad that its moving forward into the jihad, with nuclear explosions, Mechs and more nuclear explosions...

I'll surly be picking this one up.

Acolyte
05-06-2006, 18:19
I can't wait for this to come out. I'm going to try and and get a group together to play the Fall of Outreach and such.