PDA

View Full Version : Need a little titan sized help/

genestealer_baldric
03-05-2010, 21:32
i have finnaly decided on my next big project :)

As soon as i read the section in new Nid fluff about the titan thats basicaly a tyrgon the same size of reaver titan which wiped out a titan legion on its own before it was brought down but i admit that iam very poor at creating rules

can anyone help me write some stats for the critter for apoc games?

iam thinking

ws4 bs3 t9 w10 I5 A10 sv 2+ , 3++

2000pts.

apart from sything talons and shadow in the warp iam not sure where else to go with this

any help please iam not sure this is the right section but if not can an admin please move .

Finn
03-05-2010, 21:46
What you've described is largely similar to a Heirophant's stat line (worse in a couple, better in a couple). And vastly more expensive.

In any case, you don't HAVE to build a Heirophant that looks like the Forgeworld one. My buddy's essentially looks like a giant Hive Tyrant (it's about 14" tall or so, and on an oval base about 9" in length) with two guns and two talons. And a huge barbed tail.

There's nothing that says you can't make one that isn't an enormous Trygon-shape, so long as its rules are adequately represented on the model ;).

genestealer_baldric
03-05-2010, 21:49
well i allready have the heriophant and 2 heriodules but i was planning on a new home made one which fullfilled a differnt role (more fast attack bases on getting into cc) :)

because this beasty will not realy have any ranged weapons compared to the heriophant i was wondering how to differenciate the two rules wise.

Ozendorph
03-05-2010, 22:09
Well, it's supposed to be the mother of all trygons, so I'd start out by having it deepstrike into play, with a sufficiently destructive blast + relocation of heavy vehicles wherever it comes in. After that, CC Death Machine until somebody hammers it with a bajillion railgun/Pulsar/turbo laser hits.

genestealer_baldric
03-05-2010, 22:24
ah that sounds a good point how about the 10" blast as it surfaces str 10 ap2 and can choose to deepstrike under a unit and all tanks/superheavys are moved the minimum distance away and take XX auto hits as it claws its way out and hacks at what in its way.

Vepr
03-05-2010, 22:33
If you don't want to give it a mawloc like attack you could also give it a huge bio-electric pulse that can kill troops and temporarily short out vehicles etc like an EMP attack. That might be interesting. Fries troops and gives you a stun chance on vehicles for a turn. Big haywire grenade type thing.

Ozendorph
03-05-2010, 22:54
ah that sounds a good point how about the 10" blast as it surfaces str 10 ap2 and can choose to deepstrike under a unit and all tanks/superheavys are moved the minimum distance away and take XX auto hits as it claws its way out and hacks at what in its way.

Not bad. Infantry models are hit on a 4+ (check for each). I'd say normal vehicles take 1 S10 Hit on Side armor, but I'd say it can't surface under a Super Heavy (it deviates back until no longer in contact). Surviving models are placed as close to the edge of the template as possible. A devastating attack and a great way to make an entrance.

The second part of this, of course, is the gaping tunnel it has left behind. So large that up to two non-gargantuan units can enter play through the tunnel from reserve each turn - moving shooting and assaulting as normal.

It'd be awesome to have this monster burst through the ground, throwing tanks and men aside, and then have two Carnifex Broods pile out behind it.

Downsides for this thing? Must start in Reserve (no big deal, especially since you can take Careful Planning) and points ++ ;)

Ddraiglais
04-05-2010, 03:14
Build a hierophant instead.

genestealer_baldric
04-05-2010, 07:53
a slight change iam thinking is 2d6 tanks within 18" of the hole take d6 glancing hits as chunks or rock and earth crash down from being flung away.

so a slight recap of the rules

2000pts titangon :)

ws4 bs3 t9 w10 I5 A10 ld 10 sv 2+ , 3++

Gargantious creature
Sthying talons
Crushing claws
shadow in the warp
synapse
warpfeild
acid blood
toxic mismar

Titanic fleet may elect to move in the shooting phase up to 20"

Subterrain barrage
- when unit enters play place 10" blast down any vecihal recive d6 st 10 hits on there rear armour (acting like there floor armour) any infantry in the blast suffers a str 10 ap 2 hit on a 3 +. this can deliberatley deepstrike under a unit but not superheavys move the hole a minuim distace to avoid the super heavy. After this creature has surfaced up to 2 mc units or 3 infantry units may eneter from its entrance point.

electric feild
- 1 per turn may place 10" blast over its base any veciahals hit suffer 2d6 glancing hits as a huge pulse of electric power shorts out anything it hits. Any infantry model under the plast template count are automatically pinned for a turn and each unit hit recives 3d6 str 10 ap 3 hits that would on a 3 plus as the shock fries there armour.

ok?