PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Wood Elves

little-kharn
03-05-2010, 23:57
I've just looked through the wood elf army book and was wondering if anyone has any good set-ups and any good hits and tips for them but i don't want any dryads or the like in my army i've heard the some of the best units but i just want a shotty wood elf army so any help will be gratefully appreciated :D

Phenatix
04-05-2010, 00:35
Wood Elf Highborn @ 272 pts
-Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Stone of the Crystal Mere, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow, Alter Kindred

Well he's a combat character, and you have to give up a Ld10 general to take him... But! On the charge, which he'll usually get with 9" 360 movement and an 18" charge, this glass cannon pumps out 6 S6 attacks at WS7. Of course, you always have HoDA if you want to pepper some weak enemies with 3D6 S4 magic attacks, hitting on 2's. The Stone of Crystal Mere grants a 3+ Ward Save until you fail, then it poofs and is gone. So you might not want to take it, but eh, it could keep him alive if things turn sour and he's exposed and out of charge range.

Wood Elf Highborn @ 237/247
-Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Arcane Bodkins, Bow of Loren, Helm of the Hunt/Stone of the Crystal Mere

This is the shooty version of the Alter Highborn. Arcane Bodkins + Bow of Loren + Alter Kindred = 5 BS6 (sadly still S3) magic arrows that ignore armor saves every turn. You can choose to give him HotH if you expect to get into combat, and SotCM if you want more survivability.

Treeman Ancient + Treeman: Give the TMA Annoyance of Nettlings and a Cluster of Radiants, and then you'll be safe in challenges while generating another Dispel Dice for your army. The presence of not one, but two Treemen on the battlefield often will pose a very difficult situation for your opponent, as they can be quite tough to kill without proper equipment. I know you said you didn't like the Forest Spirit units, but I think on Asrai.org (http://asrai.org/index.php?sid=a7c6281ce9e9bc6aa8765640337db4e2) Dual Treeman Lists are considered some of the nastier things WE can bring to the table.

Benigno (WE)
04-05-2010, 09:39
If you don't want to use Spirits, you may want to take a look to the Sethayla style army. Elf pure list with a lot of shooting and a great mobility.

Malorian
04-05-2010, 20:21
Waywatchers and warhawks are great for march blocking, then dance around with glade riders.

You'll still need a solid base of glade guard to get a good number of shots (I take 40) but don't worry if the enemy gets to them and kills them as they only make up a small part of your force.

Phenatix
06-05-2010, 00:18
Here's a link to the Sethayla-Style army Benigno was talking about. (http://asrai.org/leaf/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24)