PDA

View Full Version : Some guys are soo lucky

jspyd3rx
04-05-2010, 02:10
Check this out. It is in my local Miami area.

http://splinterfaction.bigforumpro.com/warhammer-40k-f3/whole-army-7-dollars-t3077.htm

[SD] Bob Plisskin
04-05-2010, 02:55
Yay he pulled one over a charity......

wazatdingder
04-05-2010, 03:01
I once found a Blood bowl at Salv army for 5$. Complete set, skaven, and a few characters.

Bookwrak
04-05-2010, 03:51
Bob Plisskin;4628468']Yay he pulled one over a charity......
You don't know what you're talking about, do you? People donate stuff to the salvation army, and then they resell it. If you're not a wargamer, a bunch of warhammer minis are not exactly going to look like they're worth that much, or all that different from all the other nameless small toys that the volunteers have probably not encountered before.

TheWarSmith
04-05-2010, 03:55
I dunno, my $20 chaos warhound titan might rival this.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
04-05-2010, 04:03
You don't know what you're talking about, do you? People donate stuff to the salvation army, and then they resell it. If you're not a wargamer, a bunch of warhammer minis are not exactly going to look like they're worth that much, or all that different from all the other nameless small toys that the volunteers have probably not encountered before.

I'm talking about the fact that this guy is going:
"look what a great deal I got from this sucker"

That has no relevance to the percieved cost to the person who is giving up their time free of charge to do a good dead.

Please watch the tone of your replies.

TheWarSmith
04-05-2010, 04:12
I would have offered them a bit more money if I knew it was obviously undervalued.

The Ginger Ninja
04-05-2010, 06:15
Wow, lucky bugger

Lothlanathorian
04-05-2010, 06:18
I dunno, my $20 chaos warhound titan might rival this.

I would like to know more.

Mánagarmr
04-05-2010, 07:25
That's a nice score.

Yard and garage sales can be huge places to score as well. Since a lot of people will sell their kids models when they move-out, and have no idea what they're worth.

"Yeah, twenty sounds fair for that bitz-box larger than my car".. :shifty:

Simo429
04-05-2010, 07:45

personally if it was me id have offered them more

what's 7 dollars about 5 quid at the most? that's scandalous

he really did rip off that charity

genestealer_baldric
04-05-2010, 08:03
i also had a tau lucky event, that tau one a guy in the club was moving overseas and we were talking about tau and i said i was thinking of starting them next week his mate walks in and gives me about 2500pts of his mates tau for free including forgeworld broadsides

Hunger
04-05-2010, 12:46
personally if it was me id have offered them more

what's 7 dollars about 5 quid at the most? that's scandalous

he really did rip off that charity

You're forgetting that he may well have been the only person who showed any interest in that stuff for months - that large box that nobody knew anything about may have been a constant pain in the **** for the charity shop folk, and they may have been glad to get rid of it.

A friend of mine works in a charity shop, and much of what they receive they just bin because its valueless. They clearly expected this box of toys to sell, because toys generally do sell, but they may have been surprised when nobody bought it.

Given that it was for charity, I would have offered more, but not a lot more - every penny helps and the sale of that stuff freed up room on the shelf for something else to make the shop some money.

x-esiv-4c
04-05-2010, 12:55
I once got away with an epic squat army, Rogue-treader genestealer hybrid army and a small squat army (along with a massive assortment of other older GW minis) for 30$. Was quite happy.