PDA

View Full Version : Next codex speculation poll - GK/DE ?

Ozybonza
04-05-2010, 07:50
So with lots of contradicting rumors, I wanted to get a consensus on what people think will be the next codex. Right now there seem to be equally conflicting rumors of either GK/Inq or DE.

What do you people think? What do you hope?

Also, is Harry/DPA/someone else in the know could tell us what you voted for in the poll, without actually confirming anything, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it

DoomedToRepeatIt
04-05-2010, 08:00
I want to be able to make an Ordo Hereticus army without using Sisters and it actually, you know, be GOOD. So bring on the Inquisition!

Promethius
04-05-2010, 08:01
I want an inquisition/grey knights book so that they'll finally release plastic stormtroopers!

DoomedToRepeatIt
04-05-2010, 08:06
I gave up on hoping for that and went ahead and raped ebay for shotgun Arbites the last couple of weeks. They look cooler than kasrkin ever can anyway.

genestealer_baldric
04-05-2010, 08:09
neither both those armys have been squatted:evilgrin:

i still DE are miles away and GK are as well iam thinking its more necrons and tau.

Putty
04-05-2010, 08:12
A newer tyranid codex.

hungry hungry hormagaunt
04-05-2010, 09:01
Grey Knights will be next since GW seem determined to make every other release Marines.

The Ginger Ninja
04-05-2010, 09:01
I'm sitting in my happy box, knowing hoping believing that Necrons are next.
No one take away My Box! :shifty:

DarkMatter2
04-05-2010, 09:06
It is disgusting that GW fandom has sunk so far that we don't even know WHAT THE NEXT CODEX IS. By this point in time, we should already know what the text for minor characters says.

Times have changed indeed.

For the record, Grey Knights sounds most plausible. Then, I will be happy when the Dark Eldar hit.

Prokrustes
04-05-2010, 09:10
Id hope for either Necrons, DE, or Ordo Hereticus next...but I guess it will be a suprise Dark Angels codex :P

genestealer_baldric
04-05-2010, 10:08
well its been over 6 months since the main marine codex so i can see that getting redone before the end of the year.

Lord Khabal
04-05-2010, 10:12
I dont really care. I like both. Just wanted to know which!!
Maybe neither and there will only be a 40k release on christmas, since its fantasy year!!! yey!!!

the1stpip
04-05-2010, 11:24
We are hearing a lot of rumours for Dark Eldar, so I can only hope they are next.

We have been waiting far longer than anyone else for new book and models.

Darthvegeta800
04-05-2010, 11:32
I want a GK codex so I can field my GK in a more competitive way!

Max_Killfactor
04-05-2010, 11:56
I nearly made the same thread this morning, hah.

Until we hear detailed descriptions of GK models, I have to give the nod to Dark Eldar. The fact that Gonads' source gave him the green light to talk about the models really sticks out to me.

I'm sure people have seen GK models also, but so far none of them have stepped up. That leads me to believe it's because they are further off and their sources don't want to get in trouble.

I think this is a logical conclusion, but my DE fanboy hat may be messing with my brain... it's happened before. :cool:

moonwhisper
04-05-2010, 12:05
Grey Knights will be next since GW seem determined to make every other release Marines.
There are Black Templars before

well its been over 6 months since the main marine codex so i can see that getting redone before the end of the year.

We have been waiting far longer than anyone else for new book and models.

GW thinking: That's not a reason. DE are not Marines, and THIS is the point. See above.

(I voted DE though... they usually alternate Xenos/Marine)

Ozybonza
04-05-2010, 22:43
I nearly made the same thread this morning, hah.

Until we hear detailed descriptions of GK models, I have to give the nod to Dark Eldar. The fact that Gonads' source gave him the green light to talk about the models really sticks out to me.

If you think it's DE, you may want to change your sig :P

Olja
04-05-2010, 22:49
I'm hoping for DE. I would like to see more non MEQ armies. Inq/DK will never see the light of day. Now leave me alone in my bubble of delusion. :D

GrogDaTyrant
04-05-2010, 22:52
I heard next was Codex: Black Templar, and then after that was Howling Griffons, Silver Skulls, and then Doom Eagles. Dark Eldar were supposed to be sometime after Codex: Lamenters. ;)

LonelyPath
04-05-2010, 22:59
While I'd wish it was GK, those rumours about DE being at the printers pretty much confirm that they're the next codex release if it turns out to be true.

Mike3791
04-05-2010, 23:06

But the last release WAS marines (BA)

Lord Malorne
04-05-2010, 23:09
Next release is spearhead, then a few others, then 8th ed, so he is wrong, but not the way you are thinking he is :)

Deus Mechanicus
04-05-2010, 23:09
those rumours about DE being at the printers pretty much confirm that they're the next codex release if it turns out to be true.

Yes.... yes it does doesn't it...

LonelyPath
04-05-2010, 23:14
Yes.... yes it does doesn't it...

We won't have to long to wait though, the Upcoming mail for August should be out this week or next week.

Max_Killfactor
04-05-2010, 23:46
If you think it's DE, you may want to change your sig :P

Heh, yeah I made that prediction awhile ago... should have put a date on it. I'd love to be wrong about my first prediction though ;)

BobTheZombie
04-05-2010, 23:53
Dark Eldar and Grey Knights are the two armies that I'd be willing to collect alongside my existing forces. The fact that they're coming one after the other is going to be very expensive. Maybe I picked the wrong time to start my Forge World traitor guard. Still, it's an exciting time to be a 40ker, whatever comes next.

Scorpius_78
05-05-2010, 00:26
I heard next was Codex: Black Templar, and then after that was Howling Griffons, Silver Skulls, and then Doom Eagles. Dark Eldar were supposed to be sometime after Codex: Lamenters. ;)

You think it will come out that soon :shifty:

MajorWesJanson
05-05-2010, 00:44
I voted GK in August, but I wish it was DE first, even though I play GK and not DE, as I will be buying a Reaver at Gamesday. It would have been nice to have a bit of time to save money for a ton of GK stuff.

wyvirn
05-05-2010, 00:56
I'm hoping for DE/crons, because I don't really like the fact that four out of the five codeces have been for the imperium, with a somewhat lackluster fifth...

Project2501
05-05-2010, 01:03
I would be happy with either or even BT, as long as the hobby/game lives on.

TheDarkDuke
05-05-2010, 01:14
Slightly off topic... but did we ever have the "BA are only half the story" quote from Harry explained in regards to marines? If it was the Battle Mission marine releases that doesn't quite seem to fit half a story does it?

Well either way should not the next stretch of codex be in any order:
Dark Eldar
Necron
Inquisition in really any form
Black Templar
Tau
Dark Angels
Eldar

If they maintain the current marine/other/marine/other trend which we may just create as a pattern as that is what the human mind does, we could see a release schedule like:

Necron/DE
Inquisition
Necron/DE
Black Templar
Tau
Dark Angels
Eldar

Znail
05-05-2010, 05:02
I think its an absurd the idea that GW actualy cares to make every other codex a marine one or not. The marine hate and fixation on the order of codexes is rather blown up by this and other forums. Althou there is one reason for it and that is that there are generaly fewer new models needed for a marine release so mixing them in makes for a break between more model needy releases.

Souleater
05-05-2010, 07:27
I am hoping for Dark Eldar. Kinda. My house needs a lot of fixing up so I am brassic atm so if DE come out nearer the end of the year that means I could actually buy some! :(

If I were a betting man however, I would say Grey Knights are next out. Stormraven would sell to BA players (and possibly GW would allow it to other chapters at that time). Rumours of plastic GKT /PA have been in the air for a while, too.

So I think it will be GK> DE > Necron.

I think this secrecy is very annoying.

Nezalhualixtlan
05-05-2010, 16:22
The next Codex will be Grey Knights minus the rest of the Inquisition because we absolutely need another MEQ, SoB will be separated from the Inquisition as well for another semi-MEQ, and finally, followed by Dark Angels, and then Black Templars, and Chaos Marines after which they *might* think about getting around to Dark Eldar, Necrons, Tau, and Eldar just in time for 6th Ed rules to make the newest xenos codexes obsolete, followed by brand new waves of nothing but Marines for a long while.

Kurgash
05-05-2010, 16:44
Anything but marines. Enough with the ***** posterboys!

Emeraldw
05-05-2010, 17:01
It really is tough to know what is next based on rumors. BUT, the nice thing is that if one comes out, you know what the next one will be.

Urban Shaman Commando
05-05-2010, 17:18
There's more buzz about Dark Eldar, but I'm not sure if it matters much.