PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer in Kansai Region

kaubin
04-05-2010, 08:21
I'm visiting my in laws in Osaka for the summer, and brought along a large chunk of an orc and goblins army, mostly in the hopes of painting a large chunk if I had too much free time, and was wondering if there is anyone in the region who plays, or any leagues/stores to play at.

I've already done several searches and contacted people, but all the other posts were old and most people I contacted were no longer in the area >.< So I thought i'de post here and see if any people are in the area now that might like to play a few games over the summer :D

Arnizipal
04-05-2010, 12:07
There's this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/member.php?u=44742)poster, but he's located in Yokohama...

Spikedog (http://www.warseer.com/forums/member.php?u=5934) may be able to help you as he was located in Japan for some time.

Dantès
05-05-2010, 01:30
If you fly me out there and provide me with a room in your house, I'll paint every model you own and be your little Warhammer slave for the entire time.

That way, we both win.

P.S. - I can pay for my own food.

P.P.S. - And women.

silashand
05-05-2010, 05:49
If you fly me out there and provide me with a room in your house, I'll paint every model you own and be your little Warhammer slave for the entire time.

That way, we both win.

P.P.S. - And women.

Sorry for the OT, but that has to be the funniest thing I've read on Warseer in a long time. Nice :).

Cheers, Gary

Seville
05-05-2010, 07:21
I lived in the Kanto region for many years... sorry, can't help with the Kansai region in any specific way. I primarily played 40k at the time that I lived there. I know there are a lot of US soldiers stationed at Yokosuka who play 40k. But, as far as Fantasy, I did find that there were some Japanese players there. There is a hobby shop in Tokyo called "Yellow Submarine". I believe they have a branch in Osaka. Try finding it. If you go there, you could ask the staff about the local scene and see about finding a game.

I imagine all of this will be difficult if your Japanese language skills are limited, however.

Edit: if you're looking to play with ex-pats rather than natives, you could try posting an ad to Metropolis.

kaubin
05-05-2010, 22:20

That way, we both win.

P.P.S. - And women.

Heh, the reason I brought figurines to paint is because I don't have any money, and I like painting, so sorry, won't be able to afford your flight ticket ;)

Thanks for the information. I'll try and find a gaming store, I heard there is one in the south of Osaka, although it looked like they were more into 40k, I didn't see anything fantasy related. For fantasy I heard there was a huge guild in kobe, but wasn't able to find any info about it :S