PDA

View Full Version : Crimson fist pads

gogs78
04-05-2010, 18:16
Just a quick question.

Does anyone know if the crimson fist shoulder pads released a few months ago are the same scale as the plastic pads in the standard marine box sets?
I got the metal dark angel pads and they are about half the size of a standard pad.

Thanks in advance.

gogs78
05-05-2010, 20:48
Will try once more!

Anyone?

AndrewGPaul
05-05-2010, 22:04
I'm sure this has been discussed before. Perhaps not. The pics on GW's site seem to suggest that they're close enough in size. Any discrepancy could be disguised by the fact that the Crimson Fist shoulder pads are all rimless.

"half the size"? really? I doubt that. :) Does anyone actually have pictures of the older metal shoulder pads next to a plastic one, because no-one can seem to agree.

Before someone starts ranting about how they're based on old plastic 2nd edition pads, and those pads were smaller than the current ones, hogwash. I've just checked, and the 2nd edition plastic shoulder pads are exactly the same size as the current plastic ones. Granted, the metal ones will likely have suffered some shrinkage in the moulding process, but not 50%. :)

zak
05-05-2010, 22:09
The metal CF pads are the same size as the plastic ones. I purchased them in the pack of ten as well in 5's with the back packs and helmets.

gogs78
06-05-2010, 18:52
Ok, you got me!
They aint half the size (exaggerating) but they are a good bit smaller, very noticable. Have picture but have no idea how to get it on here!

@ zak. Cheers for that, exactly what i was after.