PDA

View Full Version : (Noob) Some 'Ard Boys Questions

Requiet
04-05-2010, 18:20
This year is going to be my first tournament and I was wondering how you guys prep for these things? The tournament is 'Ard Boys so 2500 points, Im going for a salamders type list but have been having trouble putting together a list because Im not even remotely sure on what kind of scenarios I can expect. Any tips?

grissom2006
04-05-2010, 18:23
They do what they want is my experience they've even been known to change tac midway through the event.

Hashmal
04-05-2010, 18:29
Best bit of prep advice I can give you is to go into this tournament and have fun. It's going to be chock full of competitive players and tough as nails lists. It's a great tournament environment if everyone plays nice, but it's unforgiving to the uninitiated.

Scenarios: Every tournament is different. Usually, tournaments will not post missions or scenarios in advance. However, 'ard Boyz is different! Check here over the next two weeks to see the posted scenarios: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=9800048a. If I had to guess, they'll be going up on Saturday.

List building: Take dead 'ard things. Whatever usually nets you great success, take multiples. 2500 points allows a lot of armies to field a few big nasty toys or even more of their little nasty toys. Salamanders are a good list and I have a friend also fielding a Sallies army.

Failing all else, adhere to the core tenets of competitive list making: make sure you have scoring units and make sure those units are resilient, either through numbers or through defenses. Make sure your army is mobile enough to respond to unexpected threats and to create threats of your own. Make sure you have a few hammer units to strike terror into the heart of your opponent. Make sure you have Assault Terminators.

dean
04-05-2010, 18:30
They do what they want is my experience they've even been known to change tac midway through the event.

That's a poor organizer right there....

Of the two I have been to (07, 08) there has consistantly been a Kill Points mission and an Objective mission. The 08 'Ardboys used each one of the missions in the book with one piched battle deployment and TWO Dawn of War deployments... I missed last year due to medical reasons so maybe someone else can jump in...

Requiet
04-05-2010, 18:39
Thank you guys I really appreciate it, if anybody else has tips Im going to be checking this again later, anything constructive is more then welcome

Lord Dante
04-05-2010, 21:28
Build your list to defeat a 'Leaf Blower' - over 50% of the lists at AB were LB!