PDA

View Full Version : 2.25k Lizards 8th ed

Gaargod
05-05-2010, 00:50
Very much with an eye towards 8th ed. The current rumours make me cry, but... well i suspect my group will try several games with it to see if the damm thing works at all. Space + models means that we'll probably stick around the 2k mark.

Slann with BSB, Cupped Hands, Power Stone, Focused Rumination and Focus of Mystery = 415

Saurus Scar Veteran with great weapon, light armour and shield = 99

Character Total = 514 = 22.84%

20 Saurus with spears and full command = 270

20 Saurus with spears, Standard and Musician= 258

10 Skinks with brave = 75

10 Skinks = 70

Core Total = 673 = 29.91%

16 Temple Guard with Standard, Musician and Warbanner = 302

4 Terradons = 120

6 Saurus Cavalry with Standard and Musician = 240

6 Saurus Cavalry with Standard and Musician = 240

Special Total = 902 = 40.09%

Salamander with extra handler = 80

Salamander with extra handler = 80

Rare Total = 160 = 7.11%

Grand Total = 2249

So. Taking into account the whole standards + musicians = a chance to fricking charge something... they get standards and musicians.

If the magic rumours don't drastically change, Slann will be ridiculously good. He may be a cheapskate version compared to currently (well, extra 100pts of gear or so), but the crazy step up spells, +1D6 + magic level for casting and other gubbinz means he should break face. Saurus scar vet is just for funzies.

I really, really wanted a 2k list with saurus block, TG block + 2 units of saurus cav flankers. Then discovered couldn't, for the live of me, get minimum core to work and keep in the other stuff. So, the current lineup is probably TG in middle, saurus on flank and saurus cav on wings, with support doing their thing.
Skinks got a brave because i had 6pts spare :wtf:

God alone knows how half of the stuff will interact, but with any luck most of the army should still work. More or less.

sboy3000
05-05-2010, 16:48
Originally Posted by HellRaid
Gaargod... I think you win.

Gaargod u have once again broken anothe list stop brekin lists but very nice but u could find some pionts u could have a chap in the TG un itGaargod... .

Tae
05-05-2010, 16:52
Only slight problem being that special are rumoured to be capped at 25%, so your current list wont be legal if that proves to be correct.

Gaargod
05-05-2010, 17:22
That will irritate me greatly. With the exception of ancient stegs (and i'm not a big fan of stegs), all the decent pure hammers (i don't count skrox, as that pla can badly backfire especially with stepping up) and war machine hunters are in special. Much annoyance.

Oh and sboy3000... learn to type (don't look shocked people, i know the guy!)

sboy3000
05-05-2010, 17:32
i has wat ever its called the one were u can't read props so shupp :)

Tae
05-05-2010, 17:51
That will irritate me greatly. With the exception of ancient stegs (and i'm not a big fan of stegs), all the decent pure hammers (i don't count skrox, as that pla can badly backfire especially with stepping up) and war machine hunters are in special. Much annoyance.

As is the case in most other armies as well :p

Herminard
05-05-2010, 22:04
Get 25 points for jag charm for the ScarVet.

TrainwreckX
06-05-2010, 01:53
Do you run your saurus and TG 6 wide or 5 wide? Judging by your numbers I'm guessing they are 5x4. That's how I currently run, but the guy at GW was telling me that in 7th (which I'm just getting up to speed on) allows you to attack from the corners, so all 6 would get the attack. If I'm not mistaken, in the new Lizardmen book, that would allow your spear blocks to get 24 attacks, correct?

LuitpoldFrohlich
06-05-2010, 06:05
Only slight problem being that special are rumoured to be capped at 25%, so your current list wont be legal if that proves to be correct.

I thought the rumour stood at 50% special.

If characters, specials, and rares are all going to have a 25% cap, no need to insist on a 25% core minimum...

Gaargod
06-05-2010, 18:02
TG at 5x4, to get rank bonus currently. Saurus are actually at 3x6 - i just had spare points over, so thought i might as well give them some ablative wounds. Didn't have much else to buy. And yes, its for 24 S4 attacks (how i run them currently). Irritatingly, it seems they're moving back to a predatory fighters type of rule for spears, so i still only get 24 attacks in 8th ed whilst everyone else gets an extra rank's worth.

Also, not a big fan of jaguar charm. To use it in its most efficient sense (walk out of unit, 360" charge to suprise things) is obvious miles off.

I had quite a few points over, so added: 4 extra saurus, champion on saurus with hero (assuming challenges work something like now) and a skink brave. Some 65pts of 'meh'. Which is rather unusual for me actually.

TrainwreckX
06-05-2010, 18:08
Gaar, would you mind looking at my Lizard list? You seem to know the army well. I really like your list btw.

sboy3000
06-05-2010, 18:30
Gaargod don't u will break another persons list but like a lot and charm mite be a good idea