PDA

View Full Version : Challenge

Crovax20
05-05-2010, 10:37
This just came to my mind, what happens when you get the following.

A character charges a unit and gets challenged by the character in that unit. Does the character now have to fight the challenge no matter what? He can't go to the back of a unit since there is no unit.. And what does the rest of the unit he charged do? They just stand there and do no attacks?

castellanash
05-05-2010, 10:38
As far as i'm aware this is how it goes, however the unit still counts for CR somehow...

Urgat
05-05-2010, 11:45
Well, somehow... imagine they're cheering on their champion, while the other one is on his own and feels very alone. Morale boost :) (to be honest though I don't remember if CR actually counts, it's been ages since something like that happened in one of my games)

theunwantedbeing
05-05-2010, 11:52
Its just like any other combat with a challenge.
The models in the challenge arent allowed to be attacked.

So yes, the rest of the unit stands about. But still generates all the normal combat res as they are still part of the fight, they're just not allowed to fight.

May well seem a bit odd but its no different to a character killing the 3 guys he's in base contact with and the unit getting no return attacks.
The rest of the unit just "stands around".

the Nurge
05-05-2010, 14:22
I agree with theunwantedbeing. That's how I do it.

rtunian
05-05-2010, 14:51
remember that you have to be in base contact with the enemy to issue (or accept) a challenge. so if the character in the unit is not in contact with the charger (even at the corners), he cannot issue a challenge. if the unit's champion was touching the charger, the champion can issue/accept. if the unit champ is the only one touching, say there's another character who's at the end of the unit's front rank and is out of contact, then only the champ can issue/accept

theunwantedbeing
05-05-2010, 16:39
remember that you have to be in base contact with the enemy to issue (or accept) a challenge. so if the character in the unit is not in contact with the charger (even at the corners), he cannot issue a challenge. if the unit's champion was touching the charger, the champion can issue/accept. if the unit champ is the only one touching, say there's another character who's at the end of the unit's front rank and is out of contact, then only the champ can issue/accept

So long as the models wishing to issue/accept a challenge are in base contact with an enemy, they may do so.
If they aren't in base contact with an enemy, they cannot issue or accept a challenge, nor can they be moved to the back ranks if a challenge is declined.

There is no "fighting rank".

rtunian
05-05-2010, 17:01
So long as the models wishing to issue/accept a challenge are in base contact with an enemy, they may do so.
If they aren't in base contact with an enemy, they cannot issue or accept a challenge, nor can they be moved to the back ranks if a challenge is declined.

There is no "fighting rank".

okay... now i will say there isn't something that you didn't say. "there is no flying cheese pizza"

if you are posting to correct me, you must have forgotton what the scenario in question is: a single character charges into a unit with a character (it is not said whether the unit's char is a normal char or a champion).

all i'm saying is that the character in the charged unit may not declare/accept a challenge if he is not touching the charging character. this is because you MUST be in contact in that combat in order to participate in any challenges, and it is given that the charging character is on his own, and there is no indication of any other models involved in the combat besides the charging character and the charged unit w/character.

edit: if you are not posting to correct me, then you shouldn't be such a ninja about agreeing/clarifying :p

L1qw1d
05-05-2010, 19:11
I think if you're using one of the non- magic missile things (eg: Black Dragon's Egg) on the character that has to be resolved first, doesn't it?