PDA

View Full Version : Ogres, 2.5k- Because food is the best reason to go to war!

BigbyWolf
05-05-2010, 15:22
So inspired by watching Malorians Ogres in frame by frame Youtube glory I've decided to rejig my list (need more Gnoblars!). So, here it is:

Bruiser- Giantbreaker Big Name, Great Weapon, Brace of Handguns, Heavy Armour, Wyrdstone Necklace
Butcher- 2x Dispel Scroll
Hunter- Mastodon Armour, 2 Sabretusks

3 Bulls- Iron Fists, Light Armour, Bellower
3 Bulls- Iron Fists, Light Armour, Bellower
3 Bulls- Add. Hand Weapons, Bellower

3 Ironguts- Standard
3 Ironguts- Standard
3 Ironguts- Standard

2 Lead Belchers
2 Lead Belchers
2 Lead Belchers

4 Units of 20 Gnoblars
8 Gnoblar Trappers
Scraplauncher

Giant
Gorger

Total- 2500

Basic plan is to screen with Gnoblars, draw charges with Bulls and counter with 'guts and 'belchers. Everything else is just gravy on top. Ranged power from Scraplauncher, Trappers/ Giant/ Gorger provide a bit of extra fun.

Thoughts? Advice? Insults?

I'll take 'em all!

marine4792
05-05-2010, 20:23
hey definately get a tyrant in there. id go with longstrider, tenderiser, and the wyrdstonem to deal with pesky stegs, thirsters, dragons,etc. maybe drop the scarplauncha to make pts

skank
05-05-2010, 23:03
You're gonna have to drop a gnoblar unit, or get another bull unit to allow for the 4th. Definatly get a tyrant, they're an answer to many problems with the good ole tenderiser.

BigbyWolf
06-05-2010, 10:19
Aaah, there's a rule about matching numbers of Gnoblars and Bulls isn't there? I'll drop the Scraplauncher and bring in another unit of Bulls and perhaps some more trappers.

As for the Tyrant- When the list goes up to 3k I intend to make the Bruiser a tyrant, but at the moment I'm practicing with my Ogres with the rumoured 25% Character cap in mind, so at this points level he's out.