PDA

View Full Version : 2250 point vamp army (paused)

Feminist
05-05-2010, 19:46
Whilst I had started to build this army, the rumours of 8th edition and its changes have forced me to put it on pause. Lest I take the chance of buying units I cant actually build. But I will post it anyway to see what people thought of it, if anything.

Vampire Lord
Extra magic level. Master of the Black Arts, Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls. Helm of Commandment, Wristbands of Black Gold, The Book of Arkhan 445 (Goes in Ghoul Bunker)

Vampire
Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls. - 145 (Goes in same bunker as Lord)

Wight King
BSB. Banner of Barrows 145 (Goes in Grave Guard)

Wight King
Skeletal Steed /w barding
The Balefire Spike, 105 (Goes in Black Knights)

Core

10 Ghouls
Ghast - 88 (Lord bunker)

13 Ghouls
Ghast - 112

13 Ghouls
Ghast 112

5 Dire Wolves 40

Corpse Cart
Unholy Lodestone 100

Special

14 Grave Guard
Great Weapons, Full Command, Banner of the Dead Legion -237

7 Black Knights
Barding, Full Command, Royal Standard of Strigos - 271

Rare

5 Cairn Wraiths
One upgraded to Tomb Banshee. 275

Varghulf 175

Lord and Hero Vamp goes behind the two Ghoul units and the Grave Guard. This block goes up the middle of board with the Corpse Cart to increase raises and make them all strike first (hopefully). Then the Black Knights and the Vargulf are screened by the hounds and choose a flank to go stomping up to threaten enermy flank.

The main variation will be in the task of the Wraiths. They will either skulk at the back with the Lord unit and wait for a flank charge to present itself. Or go up the flank with BK and really make sure that flank gets smashed up. Or they go on a seperate flank on their own and cause havoc that way.

Just thought I'd post it as it seems a shame not to share it due to unforseen rules changes on the horizen :(