PDA

View Full Version : A few pointers...

Hallonsorbet
05-05-2010, 21:42
When a unit or character rallies, what can they do in that turn?

Can they move, shoot, cast spells, contribute power dice etc...?

Please point me to a page in the small rules book if you don't want to write it out for me. Thank you!

ShaggothLord
05-05-2010, 21:51
Once a unit rallies, besides fast cav, all they can do is rally(turn around). Fast cavalry I believe can still move and shoot after rallying, though that might be only if they flee as a charge reaction. I do know about casting spells though.

castellanash
05-05-2010, 21:58
you can cast spells are normal and yes if fast cavalry flee as a charge reaction and rally in the following turn they can act normally

Nurgling Chieftain
05-05-2010, 22:05
More specifically, when you rally you perform a Reform maneuver which prevents you from doing other movement or firing. The unit casts as normal, and so on.

Hallonsorbet
05-05-2010, 22:20
I see. And since it's a reform you can fire missile weapons with fast cav and skirmishers?

Necromancy Black
05-05-2010, 23:35
Negative, FAQ said that skirmishers still can not shoot in the following shooting phase.

theunwantedbeing
06-05-2010, 00:03
You could just have looked at page 19 in the rulebook under Rally Fleeing Troops.
This sends you to most of the relevant answers.

Similarly, pages 65-67 detail Skirmishers
and page 70 details Fast Cavalry.

It is worth checking the rulebook first usually.

Hallonsorbet
06-05-2010, 07:42
I did look at that page (page 19 that is) but I couldn't make out any conclusive answers in it. That's why I asked.

Thanks for the answers, though.

Caeldan
08-05-2010, 17:06
Yeah, I remember the first time going through the book in a game where I had to rally with someone else who wasn't real familiar with the rules... we had to dig through it a couple times and ask a couple more experienced players as well to clarify.

The section isn't overly clear as to what you can/can't do from what I recall.

theunwantedbeing
08-05-2010, 17:33
The section isn't overly clear as to what you can/can't do from what I recall.

It's plenty clear mate.

Rally fleeing troops says if they rally they reform.
Even points you to the page for reforming.

Magic section under casting spells says what wizards can do if they have just rallied that turn.

How is that not overly clear?

Kalandros
08-05-2010, 18:04
And remember Fast Cavalry rallying is not whats important, its that they succesfully rally immediately the turn after declaring a flee reaction from a charge.

Any other form of fleeing or failing to rally one turn and rallying the next does not allow to move at all nor shoot.

Atrahasis
08-05-2010, 19:23
Well, strictly speaking the only thing stopping units from moving and shooting is the reform, and fast cav ignore reforms, so fast cavalry can move and shoot in any turn they rally.

However, the fact that the fast cav rules point out that they can do so in turns after they've fled a charge indicates that that isn't the intent.