PDA

View Full Version : Iron Hands/Space Wolves conversion

Mr.selfdestruct
06-05-2010, 03:54
First off all I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question, but I'm planning to use SOME of the space wolf codex to represent Iron Hands. In the index astartes article on the Iron Hands they are described as using terminator armor on their sergeants and Dreadnoughts as HQs. I think that this, combined with the different tactical options available to Grey Hunters, would nicely represent the Iron Hands.
You might notice I said "SOME" of the space wolf codex- In order to remain true to the spirit of the background I am going to place restrictions on myself when it comes to list building. For example, no elite scouts, no bloodclaw bikers and assault marines, and no doggies.
The only exemption to the 'no doggies' rule is in regards to the Thunderwolf option. I am thinking that an Iron Priest on a Thunderwolf would be awesome to convert by using a techmarine mounted in an exoskeleton. Im thinking of something between these two images. My question is, would this be something that the community at large would frown upon, or am I go for launch?

LemonTuesday
06-05-2010, 06:51
Go for it! I've thought this was a great idea since the Wolves' codex came out.

DoomedToRepeatIt
06-05-2010, 07:54
I actually starting building a converted codex on a Word document (I have lots of time on my hands at the moment) that repainted the entirety of the Space Wolves codex as Iron Hands. It didn't really click for me, so I've abandoned the project.

That being said, my idea for the Thudnerwolf mount was a tracked chassis replacement for the Techmarine's legs. And GW even makes a decent model to use -- the Thunderfire cannon.