PDA

View Full Version : Defenders of the Temple-City of Ixtl-Coatl - 2000 pt. Tournament Lizardmen

Sistine_Shrapnel
06-05-2010, 10:04
The lizardmen have always appealed to me. It was the first army I used (in the old 5th Edition boxed set), I loved the Mesoamerican imagery, and I mean...come on...DINOSAURS

I don't like the models for the saurus though - I think they look much too skinny and snake-like. I love the Stegadon model, though from the side it looks a bit chubby it's a fantastically multi-leveled sculpt and looks like it just wants to ruin everyone's day (which it's very good at). I also hate the Terradon models (especially the new ones) but I plan to put Gargoyle wings on some Skinks and say that they are members of a particularly odd Sacred Spawning. The Carnosaur is a *******' T-Rex. Need I say more?

Anyway, here's a list I came up with. I would like to go to tournaments with it, and would like to win as many games as possible. :)

----

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur with Light Armor, Shield, Blade of Revered Tzunki and Carnosaur Pendant - 456
Skink Priest with Dispel Scroll and Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods - 380
Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon with Stegadon War Spear - 340

20 Skink Skirmishers - 140
20 Skink Skirmishers - 140
10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

3 Terradons - 90

2 Salamanders with extra handler - 155
3 Razordons - 225

Total: 1996

----

The Strategy

Use the Carnosaur/Old Blood Team to stomp around and scare the pants off of everyone, to take out big nasties (6 WS 6 S 6 Attacks with no armor save + 5 WS 3 S 7 Attacks that become d3 wounds. Ouch!) and to break units with the help of either stegadon or one of the larger skink units. The 10-man skink unit will screen him.

The Stegadons will hide behind the big Skink units, the Salamanders and Razordons will guard the flanks, and the Terradons will mage-snipe, warmachine hunt, harass, or march-block. Thoughts?

Sistine_Shrapnel
07-05-2010, 06:07
Come on, anyone?

Roarschach
07-05-2010, 15:38
But where's kermit? You can't have competitive lizardmen without kermit derpderp.

Just kidding, looks good.