PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2.25k - First Tourney

kalleha
06-05-2010, 09:26
Myself and a friend are attending a fantasy tournament later this month (my first) and I've been obsessing over my list for a few days now. Keeping in mind that my list uses all the WoC models I currently own (with the exception of a Deamon Prince...), are there any revisions one might suggest?
As best I know the tournament will be a series of pitched battles against random opponents.

Characters

Chaos Lord – 410
Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Shield, Axe of Khorne, The Crimson Armour of Dargan, Stream of Corruption, Bloodcurdling Roar, Favour of the Gods

Wulfrik the Wanderer – 185

Chaos Sorcerer – 210
Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Power Familiar

Chaos Sorcerer – 195
Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet

Core

12 Chaos Warriors - 244
Full Command, Shields, Halberds, Mark of Slaanesh

12 Chaos Warriors – 244

15 Marauders – 125
Full Command, Flails, Mark of Khorne

5 Marauder Horsemen – 81
Throwing Axes, Musician

5 Chaos Warhounds - 30

Special

5 Chaos Knights – 315
Full Command, Banner of Rage, Mark of Nurgle

3 Ogres – 150
Mark of Khorne, Additional Hand Weapons

Rare

Chaos Spawn – 55

Total: 2249

Mullitron
06-05-2010, 10:48
Its a nice list, iam assuming you wont be able to add any additional models to the list? I would be tempted to drop the ogres, their not bad but their not great either in my opinion. I would then give the knights the mark of nurgle, i find the banner of rage's greatest strength is its ability to grant the frenzy you get from the mark of khorne whilst being able to take another mark. Personaly i wouldnt take the enchanted shield for the lord either, already has a 0+ save from just a normal shield instead take the favor of the god and save yourself 10 points. I would also be tempted to drop the skull of katam and swap it for the puppet. That one item can ruin an enemy caster lords day, or give you a free gateway if your lucky enough to roll it, turning a game around. Mok is always nasty with warriors and halberds, you have a few quick elements and wulfrik to put some pressure on the faster elements that would normaly try and bait them.

I wish you best of luck with the tournament, hope you have fun and iam sure you will do well. Great thing about being chaos is even if every roll is a fail and you do awful you can just shrug your shoulders and think its more skulls for the blood god : )

Feminist
06-05-2010, 11:49
The Lord is illegal as he has 2 ppeices of magic armor. The warriors and knights would really like marks of something, but thats just a preference thing.

LanceSaba
06-05-2010, 16:16
as well all know MARK OF SLAANESH its is almost a requirement for anybody you didn't give a mark. and even if you use it it doesn't break any fluff because you can just say that these guys are fearless do to them having to witness the horrors of chaos daily.

Death_to_the_Xenos
06-05-2010, 17:17
The list looks good just some segestions
Drop the enchanted shield for normal shield as at the moment the lord is illegal
Drop either Stream of Corruption or Bloodcurdling Roar as u would get maybe 1 or 2 at the most chances to use it
if u want the marauder horsemen to be fast cav, drop either shield or light armour
u dont need to pay for Ensorcelled Weapons as u already have them
with the points uu save get some more warhounds to reduce the threat of baiting or beef up ur marauders

u need to remove the points for individual items as it breaches games workshop ip policy and warseer can get in trouble but this is probably ur first army list so no worries just remember in future.
example
12 Chaos Warriors - 234
Full Command, Shields & Halberds

kalleha
07-05-2010, 04:33
The Lord is illegal as he has 2 ppeices of magic armor. The warriors and knights would really like marks of something, but thats just a preference thing.

Fixed the Lord, and added marks. Figured Slaanesh is cheapest for the Warriors and I've seen Knights with Nurgle and the Banner of Rage around a often enough (used to much success as well)

as well all know MARK OF SLAANESH its is almost a requirement for anybody you didn't give a mark. and even if you use it it doesn't break any fluff because you can just say that these guys are fearless do to them having to witness the horrors of chaos daily.

I like how you wear your "RP hat", as we say... But yeah, for 10 points immune to fear/terror/panic isn't bad at all.

kalleha
07-05-2010, 04:37
The list looks good just some segestions
Drop the enchanted shield for normal shield as at the moment the lord is illegal
Drop either Stream of Corruption or Bloodcurdling Roar as u would get maybe 1 or 2 at the most chances to use it
if u want the marauder horsemen to be fast cav, drop either shield or light armour
u dont need to pay for Ensorcelled Weapons as u already have them
with the points uu save get some more warhounds to reduce the threat of baiting or beef up ur marauders

Fixed the lord as I said. With respect to the gifts, I just can't let go! For 40 points I see a lot of potential for easy blood letting...
Fixed up the fast cav and knights as well.

u need to remove the points for individual items as it breaches games workshop ip policy and warseer can get in trouble but this is probably ur first army list so no worries just remember in future.

Sorry, was unaware of that, fixed in any case. :shifty:

Anyways, thanks for all the help all, if you notice anything else, lemme know.

Thanks again,

LanceSaba
07-05-2010, 06:27
If you want Wulfrik the Wanderer then you are going to need marauders on foot. he doesn't work with the horsemen and for a small number of points you can really up his survivability and damage if you throw in 11 marauders mark of khorne and great weapons, they should get into the back field and kill most units that stay back there with their 10 str 5 attacks a round.

Heimagoblin
07-05-2010, 06:46
Myself and a friend are attending a fantasy tournament later this month (my first) and I've been obsessing over my list for a few days now. Keeping in mind that my list uses all the WoC models I currently own (with the exception of a Deamon Prince...), are there any revisions one might suggest?
As best I know the tournament will be a series of pitched battles against random opponents.

Characters

Chaos Lord 410
Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Shield, Axe of Khorne, The Crimson Armour of Dargan, Stream of Corruption, Bloodcurdling Roar, Favour of the Gods

Change to- exalted hero, mark of khorne, axe of khorne, juggernaught, favour of the gods, shield=230
Wulfrik the Wanderer 185
drop this guy, he's much better on paper than he is in a game, at least in my opinion.

Chaos Sorcerer 210
Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Power Familiar

Chaos Sorcerer 195
Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet

Core

12 Chaos Warriors - 244
change mark to nurgle
12 Chaos Warriors 244
change mark to nurgle
15 Marauders 125
Full Command, Flails, Mark of Khorne
Change to- 6 marauder horsemen, flails, mark of khorne, light armour
5 Marauder Horsemen 81
Throwing Axes, Musician
give these guys mark of slaanesh always.5 Chaos Warhounds - 30

=5 marauder hosemen, slaanesh75
Special

5 Chaos Knights 315
Full Command, Banner of Rage, Mark of Nurgle

3 Ogres 150
Mark of Khorne, Additional Hand Weapons

drop ogres for:

5 chaos knights, mark of nurgle=230
Rare

Chaos Spawn 55

Total: 2249

Just my opinions, tried to keep new model count down.