PDA

View Full Version : GW Lustria tournement blunder!

Cpt. Drill
25-05-2005, 14:36
well this is what i have heard from a reliable source

Well for the Lustria tournemant you have to take two seperate 1000pts armies so that you have one specifically for the jungle fighting.. and then you add it to the second army for big 2000pts pitched battles.. but the problem with this starts with the fact of people haveing 6 hero slots and no lords and all that silliness.....

Thne there is the bad fact that because you have two sperate 1000pts armies that means no lords right.... and to take the specific lustria armys you have to take the compulsary special characters... right... anyone caught on? you cannot take the lustria armys to the lustria campaigne! YAY!

m1s1n
25-05-2005, 14:47
That's a little strange.
Obviously it was just an oversight--I imagine that there will be sometype of errata or rules change if this is the case.

tzeentchgiant
25-05-2005, 15:12
I suspect GW will be completely unaware of this, it may cause some difficulty when they start to play properly.

Quite funny actually

TG

EvC
25-05-2005, 16:33
I recently questioned what would happen at tournaments with the zombie pirates who must be fielded in sizes of 2000+ points and was told very sharply that the organisers would consider such eventualities. Let's hope that happens here ;)

Griefbringer
26-05-2005, 06:48
I recently questioned what would happen at tournaments with the zombie pirates who must be fielded in sizes of 2000+ points and was told very sharply that the organisers would consider such eventualities. Let's hope that happens here ;)

As the introduction to the Zombie pirate list states, they are official but might or might not be allowed on tournaments, depending on whether the organisers allow special characters.

Ursca
26-05-2005, 07:57
Um, for the Lustria armies, (not the zombie pirates) if the points limit is lower than that in which you can take a lord, it isn't compulsory.

taer
26-05-2005, 17:22
Um, for the Lustria armies, (not the zombie pirates) if the points limit is lower than that in which you can take a lord, it isn't compulsory.

Yeah, but the point is, you can't take them for the lower point games (they are lords), and for the higher point games in the same tournament you must take them since it is a 2000 point game, but since in a tournament you cannot change your army list mid-way, your army becomes an illegal army at the higher points level.

Gorbad Ironclaw
28-05-2005, 10:55
If you have 2 separate 1k armies that make up a combined 2K army I really don't see the problem. Your still not playing with a 2k army, don't have a lord choice available, and isn't required to bring the special characters.

Brother Loki
30-05-2005, 00:36
Unfortunately, the zombie pirates list specifically states that as it has a compulsory Lord choice, you can't use it in games of less than 2000 points.

Who on Earth is going to convert a 2000 point army for one campaign where they won't even be allowed to use it in half the events? It's absolutely crazy.

m1s1n
30-05-2005, 23:11
Who on Earth is going to convert a 2000 point army for one campaign where they won't even be allowed to use it in half the events? It's absolutely crazy.

Warhammer crazy? Never! Tell that to all the people that spent a thousand bucks buying Slayers, Blazing Orange, and Dwarf Flesh only to lose their special character at the end of the campaign (I guess this applies to Voltan players as well).