PDA

View Full Version : Flying assasins! - The Experiment

Entreri Bloodletter
07-05-2010, 05:59
So this is my attempt at a highly uncoventional army that is supposed to play extremely mobile and attack with precision strikes at the enemy. It is very vulnerable to counterattack but hard hitting on the offensive. What do you guys think? I'll probably play this army on Saturday, so a few comments before then would be appreciated.

Level 2 Sorceress on Pegasus - Lifetaker, Powerstone - 235
Level 2 Sorceress on Dark Steed - Sacrificial Dagger, Scroll - 197
BSB on Pegasus Standard of Slaughter, lance, shield, SDC, heavy armor 204
Assasin - Manbane, Rending Stars, Cloak of Twilight, AHW - 171
Assasin - Manbane, Rune of Khaine, AHW - 146
Assasin - Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine, Black Lotus - 171

10 RXB, shields - 110
10 RXB, shields - 110
26 Spearmen, shields, FC, Warbanner - 236
5 Harpies - 55
5 Harpies - 55
5 Harpies - 55

5 Shades, GW - 90
6 Shades, GW - 108
5 CoK, musician - 143

1 Hydra - 175

Total: 2248

I have the feeling it will almost play like a wood elf army because it will use a lot of hit and run tactics. Both sorceresses will use Shadow magic so I will have 3 chances (including bound item) to get assasins flying where I need to. The BSB provides some much needed static CR and can provide wherever I need to. The only real downside I came up with when making this list is that I really wanted another sorceress to help with magic superiority- what I have now probably isn't enough to achieve what I'm going for. What could I drop, if anything? Any thoughts/comments?

tmarichards
07-05-2010, 12:34
Not so sure your BSB needs the +D3 combat res on the charge. I think you'd be better off giving him full maundane armour, a lance and Lifetaker with a null talisman. That way the level 2 on a peg can take another scroll, and could be dropped to just a dark steed.

The level 2 with the sacrificial dagger may as well go on foot, she'll have an assassin with her to jump out and whale on whoever might charge her.

If you want a more mobile army, free up 14 points and take 2 units of Dark riders with repeater xbows and musicians instead of the xbows.

Not sure the COKs need a musician.