PDA

View Full Version : 2k Ogres

solvay
07-05-2010, 22:30
So what do you think?
any glaring mistakes that anybody feels that ive made or any small changes to suggest for improvements

Tyrant 311
tenderiser, gutmaw,wydrstone necklace,hvy armour, luck gnoblar

Butcher 180
dispel scroll, bangstick

Butcher 155
dispel scroll

3 Ironguts 179
bellower, standard,look out gnoblar (log)

3 Ironguts 179
bellower, standard,log

3 Ironguts 179
bellower, standard, log

3 bulls 115
bellower

10 gnoblar trappers 60

2 leadbelchers 120
bellower

2 leadbelchers 120
bellower

4 Yhetees 260

Gorger 75
Gorger 75

Entreri Bloodletter
07-05-2010, 22:42
Looks solid, nothing that I can see wrong with it

Are you planning on baiting and fleeing with the leadbelchers a lot? If not then give them the champion upgrade instead of the bellower, it helps a lot against shooting and magic- you'll need 5 unsaved wounds to love an ogre that way instead of 3 as half are put on the champion.

immortal git
07-05-2010, 23:49
this is almost exactly what my list is, part from i have an extra butcher, no trappers and one less yhetee

solvay
08-05-2010, 00:13
@ enteri the main use i have for the leadbelchers is to have a small unit that can position itself easily to redirect units and bait charges, i also use the bulls for this if the opposing army requires them to be

@immortal i used to use 3 butchers aswell however i wanted to try a little less magic reliant ogre army and have some more hitty power after an absence from wfb, as for the trappers they are always one of the 1st things in my list as for 48 points they can be a great annoyance in games with a good opportunity to scout them or just a small unit that is usually ignored and then pesters my opponent into dealing with them

immortal git
08-05-2010, 01:00
gorger killed a high elf lord on wends! pretty funny! gorger comes on, waits, charges shrugs all attacks from the lord and his dragon then killing blows him twice! failed both his wards, ironguts then killed the dragon. funny stuff, 75 points won me the game