PDA

View Full Version : An Idea - Mounted WoC

ftayl5
08-05-2010, 09:35
1500pts WoC

Heroes

Exalted Hero @ 240pts
Mark of Tzeentch, Collar of Khorne, Sword of Might, Soporific Musk, Shield, Daemonic Mount

Sorcerer @ 235pts
Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonic Mount, Rod of Torment

Core

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 81pts
Throwing Axe, Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 81pts
Throwing Axe, Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 111pts
Mark of Khorne, Flails, Musician

5 Warhounds @ 30pts

5 Warhounds @ 30pts

5 Warhounds @ 30pts

Special

5 Knights @ 250pts
Full Command

5 Knights @ 250pts
Full Command

Total: 1500pts

Do you think it will work? The Knights are hammer units, both charcters go in seperate knights units. Marauders with flails are flankers and skirmisher/machine hunters. Axe marauders are a chepaer version-more expendable but not as good. Hounds are hounds. Sorcerer will use lore of tzeentch. Though I was thinking lore of fire for flaming sowrd of rhuin-then he'd kick ass!

So, yeah whada you think?

BigbyWolf
09-05-2010, 02:12
I'd stick the sorcerer on a disk, just for the extra versatility. I'd also drop the full command from the knights, they only need a standard, then spend the rest of the points on raising the sorcerer to a level 2, and perhaps giving him Blood Curdling Roar. That way he can fly about, hitting low toughness things in the shooting phase, and dropping 2 magic missiles (you should always choose flickering fire...it's ace for it's casting value, especially with the +1 from MoT) and whatever other spell you end up with.

Problem with Flaming Sword is that you're not guaranteed to get it, and for a low level wizard benefits of the MoT are great. If you do decide to pop him on a disk and want extra protection, drop the rod, take the Book of Secrets (preferably choosing a lore where you are guaranteed a magic missile) and the Eye of Tzeentch for a ward save.

kyuzo
09-05-2010, 03:22
You have too many mhorsemen and too many warhounds. I would drop it down to 3 max for the core req using any combination 2 with throw 1 khorne or otherway around. 2 warhounds is enough if not too many. I would use these points for either another sorc or something that can kill nasty units, maybe a hellcannon.

Daemonic mount is subpar, I would stick to a regular steed.

meneroth
09-05-2010, 03:26
seems like a good list, and the lore ot tzeench is certinaly the way to go, but your gonna want him at level two. like wolf said, drop the command on the knights except for the standard. mark of nurgle might or slanessh might be a good idea on them to prevent panic/make them harder to kill.

right now you have 2 REALLY scary units and then a bunch of other ok ones. you might want to give one of your cheap maruader units the slanessh mark (anti panic one) and put the exalted hero in there. it basically gives him 5 extra wounds with which to get into combat since the mark keeps the unit from running away due to shooting. the knights are rediculous on thier own and putting the hero with them makes target priority even higher, with the hero in another unit you spread out the target priority stuff a little bit. its up to you though.

kyuzo
09-05-2010, 04:49
I would put the exalted on a disc. My favorite setup with the exalted is

flail/shield/bsb/armor of morrslieb/disc

brendino
09-05-2010, 23:48
yeah, someone should go on a disc, I would put the sorc on it, but kyuzo might be right with the exalted, try some stuff out first.