08-05-2010, 17:57
Lord:

Tyrant
Heavy armor
Tenderizer
Greedy Fist
Wyrdstone Necklace
Total: 296

fairly standard set up here though i can drop the Greedy Fist for Fistful of Laurals if the opponent is stingy with points.

Heroes:

Butcher
Dispel Scroll
Bangstick

Butcher
Dispel Scroll
Halfling Cookbook

Butcher
Dispel Scroll
Bloodclever

so this gives me 5 PD 5DD, a bound spell, and 3 Scrolls; so i should still have a random chance vs most magic defense (6DD). the book and clever are there to help keep the guys alive against their own spells.

Core:

5 Bulls
Additional Hand Weapons

5 Bulls
Additional Hand Weapons

5 Bulls
Additional Hand Weapons

these guys are bodyguards for the butchers and should be able hit a flank in conjunction with the fighters.

25 Gnoblar Fighters

25 Gnoblar Fighters

25 Gnoblar Fighters

these guys are for throwing sharp stuff and hopefully provide some static res. side note this only applies to enemies with one attack.

5 Ironguts
Bellower
Standard Bearer w/ Rune Maw

these are bodyguards of the tyrant for some protection

Special:

2X Leadbelchers

2X Leadbelchers

Rare:

3X Maneaters
Heavy Armor
Great Weapons
Brace of Pistols

3X Maneaters
Heavy Armor
Great Weapons
Brace of Pistols

the Leadbelchers and Maneaters stick together to form 2 independent units.

Total: 2,253

so the idea again is the bulls and butcher + Gnoblars make three small hammer and anvil units. the Leadbelchers + Maneaters make two powerful shooting units and support each other in charges. the Tyrant + Ironguts make the standard smacker unit with some magic defense, i can direct it to some Gnoblars hopefully.

Roarschach
08-05-2010, 21:41
When are they going to get the new book? Ogres were my first army, but only after 1,000 points I realized that I didn't enjoy them at all because of how bad they are. Maybe it's because I play against dark elves and bretonnians almost exclusively, and those armies are a pain in the butt for ogres, but they really do suck. I honestly don't know much about them for purposes of helping with this list, but what I do know is that there's a lot of ogre players on the Ogre Stronghold site, and that you should post this there if you want the best advice. Best of luck 'till the new book comes out, whenever that will be.

Scorpius
09-05-2010, 14:57
Solid list you got there and nicely balanced.
I plan to use very similar tactics myself so Id be interested to see how it performs!

A GW manager told me its not to be expected too soon?.. next year probably

LanceSaba
09-05-2010, 15:39
yes i relies it will be a while but after playing WoC and DE i felt like a switch to something funky and i like the bigger models (Painting is the most important part of this game to me) also with the supposed rumors of 8th the should be more viable. Link to the general rumors of 8th http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4565976&postcount=1