PDA

View Full Version : Stores and Players in the SLC Area

dariakus
08-05-2010, 19:48
I'm moving from Central Florida to the Salt Lake City area at the end of May, and am wanting to know what the good stores and places to play 40k are out there.

Do we have any players from that area who frequent the board?

Thanks, everyone!

Inquisitor_Tolheim
08-05-2010, 21:07
I'm moving from Central Florida to the Salt Lake City area at the end of May, and am wanting to know what the good stores and places to play 40k are out there.

Do we have any players from that area who frequent the board?

Thanks, everyone!

There are a few good places up here, how far are you willing to drive? My gaming store of choice is "Blackfyre Games (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/details.jsp?id=24808&searchMode=spatial&showGamingClubs=null&showIndependantRetailers=on&street=&city=&postalCode=84106&country=US&origin=40.70891%2C-111.85547&radius=50&searchFilter=null&return=null)", which is about 1/2 - 1 hour south of SLC. The staff is top notch and their 40k gaming night (thursdays) gets a decent turnout.

dariakus
08-05-2010, 21:16
I'll be living in either Sandy or Draper, and I live further than that from the local store here in Orlando :)

I'll have to head on over there when I get into town.

Thanks!

IcedAnimals
08-05-2010, 22:31
In sandy /draper I can only think of one store. Its actually a pretty nice place just a little cramped because the store is so small. The tables make it difficult to move around in and when trying to buy stuff you have to squeeze past the tables. Its called Gajo games.

If you are willing to drive about 20 minutes from draper/sandy there is a Hastur Hobbies. I prefer this store but a 20-25 minute drive compared to a 7 minute drive I end up using the other more often for quick purchases.

As for gaming I can't really say. As I don't pick up game. I would imagine hasturs has the better experience though even if its just for elbow room. having to share a space 1 person wide with 2 tables would be annoying at gajo.

gajo also sells a lot of pre painted stuff if you are interested in that.

TooMad
09-05-2010, 01:57
I'll second Blakfyre, active in many other games as well. I did just the opposite of you I moved from Utah to Central Florida.

Jayden63
09-05-2010, 02:27
As I'm not sure where in Sandy your moving to, here are two other places. There is a new shop called Hidden Keep at 98th So and 40th west. (probably 10-20 min drive) Its a nice place with good room and a pleasant atmosphere.

Then there is Mind Games on 41st So and Redwood Rd. (Probably 20-30 min drive), lots of really good terrain and nice people to play against.

I play pick up games every now and then, but usually I need to get a few days notice and schedule something so I can actually have time to get in a game.

Blackmoor
09-05-2010, 09:05
Well, I went from Utah, to California, to Florida to Arizona.

Isn't Hastur Hobbies in Sandy?

From a quick look at the Utah Shops running the 'Ard Boyz you have:

Dragon's Keep
End Zone Clearfield
Gajo Games

That is a good start for some active 40k stores.

Sandy/Draper is in the South Central SLC, so you can drive 50 minutes north to End Zone, or 30 minutes south to Dragons Keep (Provo) and Blackfyre Games (Orem). Also Mind Games (West Vally City) is only about 25 minutes away. (The travel times are from Mapquest. I thought the distances were smaller than that, but I was wrong)

One thing that I have noticed in all my travels is that the locals get hung up on just one store, and think of it as "there store" and become regulars, and will not go to other stores. For example, in Orlando you had Sci-Fi City and Rhubarb Games and it seemed like each store had their own crowd. I see the same thing here in AZ.