PDA

View Full Version : 2k VC Lahmian tourney list

Nef
19-02-2006, 19:40
Intended as a take-all-comers/tourney list, any constructive criticism welcome as long as it doesn't involve changing bloodline !!! :p

Characters
Vampire Lady 430 points
[Level 3][Quickblood][Innocence Lost][Staff of Damnation]

Necromancer 150 points
[Level 2][Dispel Scroll]

Necromancer 140 points
[Level 2][Dispel Scroll][Black Periapt]

[B]Core
20 Skeletons 225 points
[Full Command][Light Armour]

20 Skeletons 225 points

5 Dire Wolves 50 points

5 Dire Wolves 50 points

Special
20 Grave Guard 290 points
[Shields][Full Command]

5 Black Knights 155 points
[Full Command]

5 Black Knights 155 points
[Full Command]

(The black knights have no barding, so they can flank more easily)

2 Spirit Hosts 130 points

TOTAL=2000 points

Vague tactic so far is put Lady with the GG, use them and the Skellies to form a solid centre and flank with the wolves/BK with the SH blocking missile fire or joining the flankers.

ROCKY
19-02-2006, 20:05
I like! though try taking the grave gaurd to 19models, take one unit of 8 black knights FC, take 3 spirit hosts, and take the skeletons down to 18each and find away to add some fell bats, they do a good job. also I (just me) take only one necromancer, and use the points to get me a wight lord (ld9 3xkillingblow attacks, plus heavy armor and enchanted shield) and some zombies(or gouls). but you have a good list.

TAU AIR CASTE
20-02-2006, 09:31
I would drop the spirit hosts and get some bat swarms instead as they are a better unbreakable unit and they don't suffer from the undead rules so no crumleling in combat! but if all you want them for is to prevent shooting attacks then keep them. Also I agree you should drop the grave guard to 19 and some fell bats would be a nice addition if you could squeeze them in! Maybe drop the skeletons to 18 each and lose 1 muscian then you could fit in 3 fell bats.

Keller
21-02-2006, 03:33
Looks really good. I would drop the standards from the Knights though, as they don't need them. In you are using them for flank support, you can already claim the bonus off of the infantry. You can only ever get +1 for a standard, no matter how many you actually have in a combat. Also, with a small unit of knights, who die easily to bad rolling and CR, the standard is an easy 100 VP for your opponent.

Lastly, I would swap the ghosts for Batswarms, as Tau suggested. I find them much better, since they are Alive and Skirmish. You can spread them out to better screen, move/charge in any direction, and not have them die to combat resolution. I prefer them by far.

Nef
22-02-2006, 11:52
Okay, thanks for the advice everyone, here is my revised list:

Characters
Vampire Lady 430 points
[Level 3][Quickblood][Innocence Lost][Staff of Damnation]

Necromancer 150 points
[Level 2][Dispel Scroll]

Necromancer 140 points
[Level 2][Dispel Scroll][Black Periapt]

[b]Core
25 Skeletons 275 points

24 Skeletons 265 points

5 Dire Wolves 50 points

5 Dire Wolves 50 points

Special
19 Grave Guard 277 points
[Shields][Full Command]

5 Black Knights 131 points
[Hell Knight]

5 Black Knights 131 points
[Hell Knight]

5 Fell Bats 100 points

TOTAL=1999 points

I've decided to drop the swarms completely because I never really liked them anyway, and get rid of the standard and musician from the Knights, because as Keller pointed out, the standard bearer is a waste and IMO the knights shouldn't be drawing combats (I'm sure I'll regret that but oh well). I also got a large-ish unit of Fell Bats to take out war machines or stop march moves, and finally i boosted up the numbers of both Skeleton units so hopefully they should outnumber the majority of units and auto-break them.

Keller
22-02-2006, 20:35
It looks pretty good. I would add a 6th wolf to each unit, and possibly add a 6th knight as well. I always find 6 to be better than 5, to help with missile casualties. Not really a major issue though.

All in all, it looks like it can work very well.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
22-02-2006, 21:19
I like it. You don't have manyt infantry blocks but I suppose your blocks are powerful. One concern I have is the lack of killing power of the skeletons and they'd loose most combats.
Maybe leave a knight unit in reserve to help the infantry with the the rest of fast stuff doing flanking/hunting.