PDA

View Full Version : Warhost of the Wastes - WoC 2250pts

SchultzChaos
10-05-2010, 17:27
Hey, warseer!
Was going through my models this afternoon and thought that I should make a list for a WoC-army. This is what I came up with:

Heroes
Exalted Champion, Helm of Many Eyes, Great Weapon, Shield, Mark of Nurgle 163pts

Sorcerer of Chaos, lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Collar of Khorne 140pts

Sorcerer of Chaos, lvl 2, Mark of Nurgle, Fury of the Blood God 160pts

Core
13 Chaos Warriors, shields, additional hand weapons, csm, Mark of Nurgle
281pts

13 Chaos Warriors, shields, additional hand weapons, csm, Mark of Slaanesh
261pts

6 Warhounds 36pts
6 Warhounds 36pts

5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, light armour, Mark of Slaanesh 90pts
5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, light armour, Mark of Slaanesh 90pts

Special
5 Chaos Knights, Standard, Musician, Mark of Slaanesh 240pts

4 Chaos Ogres, Great Weapons, Chaos Armour 200pts

3 Chaos Trolls 135pts

Rare
Warshrine, Mark of Slaanesh 140pts

Total: 2242pts

The idea behind it is to have one flank with monsters, shrine and warriors, screened by the doggies. Tzeentch Sorcerer jumps into the Slaanesh unit, and the exalted with the other sorcerer goes into the nurgle unit. On both the warriors flanks will the ogres and trolls be, with the shrine behind the lines (casting blessings upon my warriors).

On the other flank will my fast units go, trying to break through the enemies weaker units, killing warmachines and whatnotz, and then encircle the enemy for some much helping flank-charges.

So, will this list survive in the world of warhammer as it looks today, or should I change it somehow?

Cheers
Schultz

A Shadow
10-05-2010, 23:21
The Chaos Warrior Regiments are a little undermanned, I would bump them up to at lest 15, preferably 18. Other then that I would say that it certainly looks interesting and feasible.

SchultzChaos
13-05-2010, 17:38
Hmm... I made some tinkering and threw out an ogre and got a little more warriors and one more unit of hounds. How does this list looks?

THE WARHOST
Heroes
Exalted Champion, Helm of Many Eyes, Great Weapon, Shield, Mark of Nurgle 163pts

Sorcerer of Chaos, lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Collar of Khorne 140pts

Sorcerer of Chaos, lvl 2, Mark of Nurgle, Fury of the Blood God 160pts

Core
15 Chaos Warriors, shields, additional hand weapons, csm, Mark of Nurgle
315pts

15 Chaos Warriors, shields, additional hand weapons, csm, Mark of Slaanesh
295pts

6 Warhounds 36pts
6 Warhounds 36pts
6 Warhounds 36pts

5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, light armour, musician 86pts
5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, light armour, musician 86pts

Special

3 Chaos Ogres, Great Weapons, Chaos Armour 150pts

3 Chaos Trolls 135pts

Rare
Warshrine 130pts

Total: 2248pts

thesheriff
13-05-2010, 19:19
Taking trolls without throgg is dangerous buisness. If they get too far from the general, there going awal. In fact, i would rather swap the trolls and some hounds for throgg and put him with the ogres.

Justicar Valius
13-05-2010, 19:32
Well if you swap out the ogres and trolls it gives you a unit of 3 dragon ogres, mark of tzeentch on the warshrine (you know you want to) and another 100 points to bump the warriors up even more. Or alternatively don't bump up the warriors and drop some marks to keep those ogres.

I love dragon ogres, I've found they can be horrible when charged at the smaller units of elite infantry or just smash them into a S3 unit. Just take them.

EDIT: thesheriff, nice avatar.

A Shadow
14-05-2010, 00:36
Much more solid battleline.

SchultzChaos
14-05-2010, 11:01
The idea for the trolls is to be a support unit for the general's unit, so they shouldn't be wandering around to much, and then they are there just to give the list some nice "monster-feeling" and variety. But Throgg would be a cool addition to the army.

What I'm really trying to do is to keep the, now old, "Realm of Chaos"-theme on the army, but maybe that doesn't shine through the list? :P

A Shadow
16-05-2010, 06:39
I think that to achieve that effect you would need some more infantry units, Marauders and Warriors. However, I do like the look of the list you have now.