PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else starting the change?

Coyote81
11-05-2010, 03:23
Since hear the almost unanimous set of rumors involving a 25% cap on characters, I've been making all of my army lists with that limit. Has anyone else been trying this? What kind of results, were you playing against a similar list, or a normal 700-1000pts worth of characters?

I played VC (Yes, this is one I thought would be one of the top 2 worst lists with 25% characters), and I managed to pull off a solid victory against WoC. I only had a Vamp lord with lvl 4, +2 PD, summon ghouls, helm of command, gem of blood, 15pt armor that negates Killing blow/poison, and the item that give bonus to summon zombies, backed up by a necromancer with 2 spells and the book of arkhan. Surprisingly this list did really well, I was only dealing with a lvl 4 caster for defense, so that might have helped. I loved the number of troop i had on the table, let me field a lot more then I'm used to seeing.

I honestly am looking forward to the character cap, despite some of the armies hurting more then others. And I think Erratas issued when the book comes out will fix that.

Zaustus
11-05-2010, 04:38
I've already planned out my initial changes to my 2250 list, yes. However, those changes are very minor, since I was only at about 26% characters anyway.

The 15% rare rumor would have made me drop something, since I was over by less than 10 points. If the 25% is true instead, then I won't need to change anything else. I run a lot of core and infantry already, so if these rumors are true, they won't have much of an effect on me.

Peregijn
11-05-2010, 10:41
i was towing down on chars already before the rumors started (or before i was aware of them ad least)

i love the look on my opponents face when i have more units them him, i play chaos with lots of warriors and chosen and war hounds. first making the troops and the see what i have left for chars, usely still around 30% so i can tow it down a little more.

my opponents are o&g (never outnumbered them but still are surprised ad my model count)
vc and lizzardman (same dude), loves big monsters and expensive chars,

now the surprise is gone and we only can squish a game in every 6-8 weeks so they have time enough to addebt. but i have over 5000 points of chaos so i can keep surprising them.

cant waint till the next rule book. i wont believe a rumor till i see it in the book ;)

Putty
11-05-2010, 11:38
i have been taking 25% characters since i heard the rumor.

but then again, nobody here does that so of course i lose almost every game i play simply becoz.

xD

phoenixguard09
11-05-2010, 11:44
Uh well we have just ignored the rumours. :D

RanaldLoec
11-05-2010, 11:55
I will wait to see what we get in the rule book then I will rewrite my list and reorganise my army until July 10th its business as usual.

Odin
11-05-2010, 13:01
I've only played one game in the last few weeks, and that was using some of the rumoured rule changes. I'm going to spend the next couple of months getting my armies painted, so that by the time the new rules come out I plan to have a full painted 750 point Wood Elf army! Not bad for 20 years of collecting WHFB.

I am starting to write army lists using the rumoured percentages tough.

Agnar the Howler
11-05-2010, 18:06
My Lizards are staying at 7th edition for the time being, so i'll keep making 7th edition lists for them, but my WoC are 8th edition geared percentage-wise.

Malorian
11-05-2010, 18:14
I normally take less than 25% characters anyway (except with VC) so it isn't much of an issue.

For VC I've made a new list but don't plan on using it until the new rules come out.

Desert Rain
11-05-2010, 18:18
I've made a preliminary list for the next edition based on the rumours. Basically I just need to drop my support L.2 mage and possibly drop an item from my BSB (depending on how saves work) and using those points for a big unit of spears so that I'm above 25% for core.
If specials are capped at 25% (which I seriously doubt) I'll need to redo almost the entire army.

WoodElfGeneral
11-05-2010, 21:05
When is the new rulebook supposed to come out?

Desert Rain
11-05-2010, 21:08
When is the new rulebook supposed to come out?
On July 10.

Eta
12-05-2010, 10:49
I do not need to change anything. My WoC list is just fine with 25% characters, 50% core and 25% special.

Greetings
Eta

hfb
13-05-2010, 03:15
I hope there are some real balance changes here and not just a reshuffle. Lizardmen depend on the big beasties somewhat (not just the steg lists)

I know that my 2250pt army will need a rebuild. I just don't see any advantage of running -another- 20 skinks when I can put the points elsewhere.