PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts Beastmen - Hammer and Anvil style list

Jayhawk
11-05-2010, 06:12
So I'm trying to work out a hammer and anvil type list with the beastmen. I really love the Centigor and Tuskgor Chariot models so I'd like to build around them. The plan would be to use the Tuskgor chariots and Centigors as flankers to one side of the table. Use them to focus an opponent towards the bestigor with Beastlord anvil unit. The Ungors would be additional protection to keep the Bestigors alive to serve as the anvil. This is still a total work in progress.

Hero:

Bray Shaman

Core:

12 Ungor Herd

2 x 6 Ungor Raiders

4 x Tuskgor Chariots

Special

2 x 5 Centigor Herds

1 x 12 Bestigor Herd w/ muscian

With 1500 pts, I'd move the Centigors to the core adding Ghorrus. Dump standard shaman and add Great Bray Shaman and Beastlord, both kitted out. Bestigors would gain a banner.

With 2000 pts, I'd increase the ungor herd to 18, add a 2nd unit of 20 Bestigors, increase the 1st Bestigor unit to 20 (40 Bestigors and 20 ungor with 18 ungor raiders in support), add 6 harpies for magic defense, and add 2 units of Chaos Wolfhounds to the flankers.

What are your thoughts? Originally when I began looking at Beastmen, I was leaning towards minos, but when I saw the Centigors and Tuskgor Chariots, I knew that if I was going to make an army, these would be the core.

Lowmans
11-05-2010, 22:58
Unfortunately you cannot take a Lord choice at less than 2000 points. I'm only just about to post my first list with the new book so I don't want to say more in case it's bad advice, sorry! Good luck though!

Jayhawk
11-05-2010, 23:59
Unfortunately you cannot take a Lord choice at less than 2000 points. I'm only just about to post my first list with the new book so I don't want to say more in case it's bad advice, sorry! Good luck though!

Opps, yea, that was suppose to be bray shaman. It was pretty late when I posted this. :) It's ok though. I'm already pretty sure I'm not moving forward with this list. I'm closing thread.