PDA

View Full Version : 2k warriors of chaos,35 models(!) competative?

Heimagoblin
12-05-2010, 19:55
i've fiddled around with the woc book for sometime now trying to fit as many of my models as possible into a 2k list. There arn't many upgrades or magic items but I have tried to fit in the more neccessary ones.

Galruch the great drake
Sorceror, lv 2, power familiar(or book of secrets-haven't decided), mark of tzeentch, dispel scroll, chariot=290
5 marauder horsemen
5 marauder horsemen
5 marauder horsemen
chaos chariot
chaos chariot
warshrine
5 hounds
5 chaos knights
5 chaos knights, nurgle, standard, banner of rage=255

I'd like to get slaanesh on the chariots and marauder horsemen+ warshrine but I can't find the points- where did they all go!

The warshrine will buff galruch. How do you think I could make it more competative?

immortal git
13-05-2010, 00:33
where did the points go? your lord is 615 or more! your big unit of chaos knights is nearing 300 and your only hero is 290! your marauder horsemen dont have anything... theyre for baiting only im going to guess, but if somebody pulls off a great spell, crack calls, gateway or something and your lord or the knights dissapear you dont have much to work with, your lack of power units worrys me =) Dropping the chariot on the sorcerer will give you enough points to give him a chaos steed, then you can afford slaanesh on your stuff and maybe even some flails on your horsemen.

i also dont like the idea that you dont have a single chaos w3arrior in your army but thats just my idea of the foundation of a chaos army. i hope this helps.

Heimagoblin
13-05-2010, 07:36
Galruch the great drake
Sorceror, lv 2, power familiar,book of secrets, mark of tzeentch, dispel scroll,chaos steed=206
Sorceor, lv 2, chaos steed, tzeentch, power familiar=161
5 marauder horsemen,slaanesh, flails
5 marauder horsemen,slanesh, Flails
5 marauder horsemen, slanesh, flails
chaos chariot, slanesh
chaos chariot, Slanesh
5 chaos knights
5 chaos knights, nurgle, standard, banner of rage=255

Thanks to immortal gift, any other improvements?

ChaosVC
13-05-2010, 10:36
Looks like a standard tourny army to me, made for absolute domination. I think the chariot on the character would be better simply because having 3 ramers is better than 2 and a cheap price of a 100pts rather than 130. Its would be a steal!

Mullitron
13-05-2010, 11:15
Looks like a standard tourny army to me, made for absolute domination. I think the chariot on the character would be better simply because having 3 ramers is better than 2 and a cheap price of a 100pts rather than 130. Its would be a steal!

Really? i was told Galrauch was a bit poor, despite knowing gateway every game the leadership test was too much of a weakness. Tho i myself i have never used him.

immortal git
13-05-2010, 14:20
looks a lot better now, the horsemen with flails are pretty lethal ive found, the five knights on their own though...i worry about them, standard unit will have 4 standard ress on you two ranks outnumber banner to your nothing, so if you dont kill enough people youll flee, specially if the unit if fear causing, youll do seven hits, 4 wounds, whoch if they have a ward or regen means two three kills which means you loose by one, then they strike back and might kill you...

ChaosVC
13-05-2010, 14:28
he should be able to pull off a couple of important charge with all that speed and mobility, if he can survive the shooting phase haha. But what would you expect a tourny based build WOC army to be? This is pretty much what most ppl do for WOC tourny armies. Straight foward with speed and overwhelming brute force.

Heimagoblin
13-05-2010, 15:37
In a tournement I would drop a chariot and the warshrine in leau of a third unit of knights and change galruch to a sorceror lord on dragon. This list, however, is not a tournement one.

Rochr
14-05-2010, 02:44
he should be able to pull off a couple of important charge with all that speed and mobility, if he can survive the shooting phase haha. But what would you expect a tourny based build WOC army to be? This is pretty much what most ppl do for WOC tourny armies. Straight foward with speed and overwhelming brute force.

Sorceror Lord of Tzeentch
-Level 4
-Disc of Tzeentch
-Enchanted Shield, Power Familar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Conjoined Homunculus

Sorceror of Tzeentch
-Level 2
-Disc of Tzeentch
-Book of Secrets, Bloodcurdling Roar

Sorceror of Nurgle
-Level 2
-Steed of Chaos
-Infernal Puppet

Core
-5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, Flails.

Special
-5 Knights of Nurgle, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Rage.
-5 Knights of Khorne, Musician, Standard Bearer, War Banner.
-5 Knights of Khorne, Musician, Standard Bearer, Rapturous Banner.

Thats usually what I run, or some variant of it... Switching around marks on Knights and magic items on the sorces depending on what im up against.

Heimagoblin
14-05-2010, 16:01
That is a very solid list. Not much in in though. Will have to try it some time.

immortal git
14-05-2010, 23:16
thats filth, i wouldnt play it twice

Heimagoblin
14-05-2010, 23:40
Which is why I would try it out...once!!!

Rochr
15-05-2010, 02:11
thats filth, i wouldnt play it twice

filth? :cries:

immortal git
16-05-2010, 19:16
3 units of knights, and the dealbreaker, level 4 on disc, argh!!

Heimagoblin
16-05-2010, 20:11
Change all the knights to mark of nurgle though, would want to actually win some games!

immortal git
17-05-2010, 15:20
there isnt much that can hold the charge from the knights with mok, but if they get baited out of the game.... with three units it would be hard to avoid them all

GWItheUltimate
17-05-2010, 15:26
I'd drop the Warshrine... I just don't see the point of putting it in this army.

Heimagoblin
17-05-2010, 15:58
The point was you can put it directly onto the dragon.Also, i'm outa special slots.

GWItheUltimate
17-05-2010, 18:10
Well since the Dragon has flying and you'll want him to evade direct LOS from Bolt thrower and war machines, I'd find it difficult to use the warshrine buff efficiently on the Dragon... Plus the bonus is random !

It's a matter of preference, but you could almost field a lvl 2 sorcerer instead, or boosts you're others troops.

stiggie
17-05-2010, 22:09
i agree with the people above,, warshrines are good but are only really effective in doubles or with valkia/favour etc,, just running one is too much of a risk, i say get a second mage instead.. drain some of your opponents dispel dice before gulrich lets loose.