PDA

View Full Version : 1st attempt at 2000 point dark elf list

kizzer2288
12-05-2010, 20:32
hi this is my first dark elf list and im hoping to buy sum of it soon so any imput on how to better it and save me money will be greatly recieved here goes:

noble:127pts
extra hand weapon
repeater handbow
heavy armour
shield
sea dragon cloak
ring of hotek
goes in corsairs

sorceress:150pts
level 1
dispel scroll
dispel scroll

sorceress:175pts
level 2
dispel scroll
tome of furion

10x repeater crossbowmen:100pts

7x dark riders:168pts
herald
7xrepeater crossbows

herald
7xrepeater crossbows

20x corsairs:253pts
reaver with repeater handbow
musician
standard
extra hand weapons
sea serpent standard

7x cold one knights:254pts
dread knight
musician
standard
war banner

7x cold one knights:229pts
dread knight
musician
standard

reaper bolt thrower:100pts

war hydra:175pts

total:1999pts

Heimagoblin
12-05-2010, 20:51
Since you haven't said what you want I will try and write a more competative list and one which will be more casual based off yours.

noble:127pts
extra hand weapon
repeater handbow
heavy armour
shield
sea dragon cloak
ring of hotek
goes in corsairs
Probably want armour of darkness instead of all the mundane armour and a great weapon.
sorceress:150pts
level 1
dispel scroll
dispel scroll

sorceress:175pts
level 2
dispel scroll
tome of furion
Cut this girl
10x repeater crossbowmen:100pts

herald
7xrepeater crossbows
Keep them a 5 riders+ add musucian
herald
7xrepeater crossbows
Keep them a 5 riders+ add musucian
20x corsairs:253pts
reaver with repeater handbow
musician
standard
extra hand weapons
sea serpent standard
This unit will be fun.7x cold one knights:254pts
dread knight
musician
standard
war banner
Change to 6 cok's.
7x cold one knights:229pts
dread knight
musician
standard
Same as above.

war hydra:175pts

With the points saved you could add a dreadlord.

total:1999pts

Now I will write a more competative one.

Master, ring of hotek, great weapon, armour of darkness,bsb-in asf unit
Master, pendant of khaleth, soul render-in asf unit
19 black guard, command, asf banner, crimson death on champion
2 units of 5 dark riders with xbows and musucians
10 repater crossbowmen
20 spearelves with banner and musucian.
2 bolt throwers
hydra
5 cold one knights
cold one chariot
5 shades.
5 harpies
5 harpies

kizzer2288
15-05-2010, 16:33
thanks for this i will try and dig out more dark elf things your gona make me buy the shades tho lol thanks again

tmarichards
15-05-2010, 19:15
Looking at Heimagoblin's list...

You don't need 19 Black Guard, a unit of 13 with the character is plenty, or 12 if you've got 2 characters. Give the champion Crimson Death and the unit standard bearer the Standard of Hag Graef.

The Pendant master should also have as good a mundane armour save as possible. But, if he's going in ASF Black guard he won't reall need the ward save. Give him the Armour of Darkness, a great weapon and the Ring of Hotek, and give the BSB full mundane armour, a great weapon and the ASF standard. Then give the unit standard bearer the Armour-Piercing banner.

You need a level 1 with 2 scrolls in there.

The xbows could do with shields and a musician, that way you can use them to screen the BG and the flee through them.

Not really sure why you've got spearelves in there, they're not an assassin delivery system and there's nothing they can do that soemthing else already in the list can do better. I'd save the money (and points) and drop them as they'r enot even there to fill up the last core slot.

Shades work better in units of 6-8, 5 isn't really enough.

If you're looking to save money, don't but the metal harpies or dark riders- use the plastic daemonettes/bloodletters, the new plastic gargoyle wings and some green stuff will make great harpies. You can use the Glade Rider box set with the DE warrior and corsair bits to make great Dark Riders.

Heimagoblin
15-05-2010, 19:50
Looking at Heimagoblin's list...

You don't need 19 Black Guard, a unit of 13 with the character is plenty, or 12 if you've got 2 characters. Give the champion Crimson Death and the unit standard bearer the Standard of Hag Graef.
I would still reccomend 19 as a smart opponent will alwasys find ways to kill some of them.

The Pendant master should also have as good a mundane armour save as possible. But, if he's going in ASF Black guard he won't reall need the ward save. Give him the Armour of Darkness, a great weapon and the Ring of Hotek, and give the BSB full mundane armour, a great weapon and the ASF standard.
leaves the bsb very easy to kill.
I diagree again. 4+ as and pendant is bountiful defene and it will be needed becuase he won't kill a lord or other beastly hero.Against these opponents the ward will work better than any armour.

Then give the unit standard bearer the Armour-Piercing banner.

You need a level 1 with 2 scrolls in there.
You don't need it but it could be useful.
The xbows could do with shields and a musician, that way you can use them to screen the BG and the flee through them.
Makes them very expensive. ld 9 with re roll will rally crossbowmen, mo mus needed

Not really sure why you've got spearelves in there, they're not an assassin delivery system and there's nothing they can do that soemthing else already in the list can do better. I'd save the money (and points) and drop them as they'r enot even there to fill up the last core slot.
No harm in having another combat unit to back up the black guard and give the army an actual centre

Shades work better in units of 6-8, 5 isn't really enough.
5 is easier to hide.

If you're looking to save money, don't but the metal harpies or dark riders- use the plastic daemonettes/bloodletters, the new plastic gargoyle wings and some green stuff will make great harpies. You can use the Glade Rider box set with the DE warrior and corsair bits to make great Dark Riders.

Good modeling advice. I wrote my last list in a bit of a rush so here is the complete article.
Master, pendant of khaleth, soul render, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak
Master, bsb, armour of darkness, ring of hotek, great weapon
5 dark riders, x bows, musucian
5 dark riders, x bows, musucian
10 repeater crossbowwmen
19 black guard, command, asf banner, crimson death on champion
war hydra
2 bolt throwers
8 shades
assassain, +d3 attacks, killing blow, re-roll 1's to wound, extra hw
5 cold one knights
8 shades
20 warriors, standard=126
10 repeater crossbowwmen=100

I can personally guarentee no friends but there you are! took some off tamari's advice, at 2250 add scroll caddy

kizzer2288
16-05-2010, 16:44
im only realy looking for 2000 points but im defo gona take your advice and use all the info you have given me so thanks very much i realy appreciate it.

Heimagoblin
18-05-2010, 07:40
No problem, pleasure to be of service.