Additional Hand Weapon
Rune of Khaine
Manbane

960 - 1,326 (with/out Harpies or assassin) = 38.4 - 53.04%

Special:

10X Shades

12X Black Guard of Naggarond
Musician
Standard Bearer - Standard of Slaughter (or Standard of Hag Graef)

372 = 14.88%

Rare:
2X Reaper Bolt Thrower

200 = 8%

Total: 2,502

So this is just a rough idea given the rumors and i think that it is a decent list though i haven't been on the table for nearly a year now so i am vary rusty. the thing I like about it is the changing deployment since the entire list can be broken down into small squads of three, each having a decent melee, shooting, and moving (bait and march block) phase. the sorceresses equipment can flutter around a lot but at the most basic 2X dispel scrolls. as far as the black guard goes i feel that they will be shot to pieces so i didn't invest a lot, i hope to have a sorceress near by to help sop the heavy rain, and i actually like the Standard of Slaughter more because they have High I leaving only cavalry as a problem. I have thought about adding a chariot over one of the bolt throwers to help with this but i am unsure, or drop the bolt throwers, the guardmasters, and a warrior for a hydra and tower master with crimson death but either isn't that fluffy.

all in all i like the list is fairly decent in most phases, but has problems with the sorceress equipment (high variability) and the master equipment some-what, i don't like it to much but i don't want to spend anymore on them, the sword of might could be switched out with the enchanted shield.

as far as rules go. my guys have a 1+ save right? 5+ heavy armor, 4+ from the shield 3+ from the cloak 2+ from the mount 1+ during combat with the shield and 1+ from shooting from the cloak, right? oh a +1 vs thing like magic missile.

Fluff wise this is a pirate theme. this army is fairly poor at its current state but like all DE are ambitious. so they have small raiding ships hence a large amount of bodies but not so many mounts, i want to shy away from heavy stuff till i higher point level.

as a side note what do you guys think about the list at 2,250 would it be a good idea to drop the bolt throwers and the equipment of the sorceresses?

Edit: dropping the guard masters to change my generals mount to a cold one for modeling purposes really

thesheriff
13-05-2010, 16:28
Dark elves will be mental in the new ed if the charecter rules are true. In 2k take 2lv1's and a lv2 with extra spell as general. Then for your fighty charecters take assassins put them in 50 man warrior units for the rumord Horde rule for stupid size units. Then fill the rest of the selection with X-bows and black guard. JOB DONE!!!!!

LanceSaba
13-05-2010, 16:36
ya ya i know black guard the supreme bad ass unit but come on 5+ armor hello ap handguns. bt i can throw harpies at em' =) no thoughts though float around 2 lvl 1s and a lvl 2. why do you suggest this ya its one more target but i am still casting 4 spell sure an extra PD and DD but for another 100 points? an i would lose out on my BSB which comes in handy in a unit strength 50 unit

L1qw1d
13-05-2010, 16:40
First off: love the sig lol
I'm not sure if the Sin will still count as Core, same with Harpies. Spending the points for them is cool, but the "Doesn't count as a Core selection" thing hampers it?

LanceSaba
13-05-2010, 16:50
that's what i believe too but incase that changes i put both percents and cost up. anyway i have 5 core if it doesn't

LanceSaba
15-05-2010, 15:05
is there any other tid bits of info people would like to add?