PDA

View Full Version : October 2006 White Dwarf

Kairob
13-05-2010, 23:07
Does anyone know where I could find a copy of the interview from white dwarf about the 7th edition Orc and Goblin army book release? It's just I would quite like to see the reasoning behind some of the things they did. Thanks in advance for any help.:D

MalusCalibur
13-05-2010, 23:16
Does anyone know where I could find a copy of the interview from white dwarf about the 7th edition Orc and Goblin army book release? It's just I would quite like to see the reasoning behind some of the things they did. Thanks in advance for any help.:D

In the White Dwarf itself is probably the only place, unfortunately. However, owning a copy myself, I can tell you that you are missing nothing. The reasoning is the same sort of flaky, useless nonsense that gets wheeled out to explain every army book.

The real reason is, the O+G book was written with a new design philosophy, which was then swiftly abandoned a couple of books down the line, leaving it out in the cold. Metaphorically.

Tokamak
13-05-2010, 23:21
The real reason is, the O+G book was written with a new design philosophy, which was then swiftly abandoned a couple of books down the line, leaving it out in the cold. Metaphorically.

Indeed. O&G are fine provided that GW would continue the concept of 'modest' armies but they didn't.

Kalandros
14-05-2010, 08:46
Indeed, the point costs for almost everything non-night goblin needs to go down. Its insane to pay 5 points for a goblin that has a spear and light armor + shield, at WS2, LD6, I2, M4... so sad.

Black Orcs, Boar Boyz, all Savage orcs, all big'un upgrades, Troll upgrades, some characters need to go down in point costs.

Animosity has got to change, Skaven get all the cool army rules with extra leadership and nothing really screams disadvantage for any army but Orcs & Goblins' own army rule :[
Even 40K Orcs get advantages: Fearless and a WAAAGH that doesn't blow up units by doing D6 automatic kills on every unit that rolls a 1 when its WAAAGH time.