PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pt WoC with 8th ed in mind

_dandaman_
15-05-2010, 02:27
I've noticed recently that people have mentioned that WoC in low point games might be hurt by 8th ed, but I beg to differ. I would like some help tweaking this list, but overall I like it.

Exalted Hero: MoT, Disk, Armor of Morisleb, Flail

30x Marauders: Flails, F/C, MoK

12 Warriors of Chaos: Standard, Musician, Shields, Halberds, MoS

5x Marauders: Flails

5x Marauders: Flails

5x Warhounds

5x Knights of Chaos: MoK

What do you all think? I use the exalted to hunt war machines, and I went with a disk as opposed to the steed of slaanesh because he almost absolutely needs to get to the machines turn 2, and getting mach blocked really scares me. I am slightly worried about being baited too much because I have to fairly expensive units with MoK, but I like khornate knights, really fun to play. Also I'm kind of worried that I'll end up leaving one half of my army behind as the major speed differences, anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks;

Dan

Agnar the Howler
15-05-2010, 14:31
We know too little to effectively give constructive criticism on 8th edition lists bar those ones that are segemented using the somehwat more reliable percentages. We don't know how frenzy is going to work, how flails are going to work etc.

It might be best to tell us which rumors you are using for your list first.

_dandaman_
15-05-2010, 14:38
We know too little to effectively give constructive criticism on 8th edition lists bar those ones that are segemented using the somehwat more reliable percentages. We don't know how frenzy is going to work, how flails are going to work etc.

It might be best to tell us which rumors you are using for your list first.

Thanks for the reply, I'm really just thinking about the 2 ranks rule, step up, and percentages. I like the marauders because they can get 18-24 S5 attacks, which is what my warriors of chaos will get too. Basically my whole army has high initiative, so I can even take a charge and do some serious damage first.

Agnar the Howler
15-05-2010, 14:43
Right, then i think there's not much that needs changing. Flails are the safest option on marauders for now, halberds and shields are fine on warriors, Horsemen are okay, although you might think about giving them light armour or MoS, the only thing I can think of is getting another unit of warhounds, as right now you have 1 unit to shield stuff from shooting and to redirect baiters.