PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC vs HE

Griffery
15-05-2010, 04:26
Lord: Sorcerer Lord - Lvl 4, MoT, Conjoined Homunculus, Collar of Khorne, Spell Familiar, Book of Secrets, Enchanted Shield, Chaos Steed - 394

Heroes: Wulfrik -185
Chaos Sorcerer - Lvl 2, MoN, Rod of Torment - 185
Exalted Hero - Glave of Putrefication, Blood Curdling Roar, Shield, Chaos Steed, MoN - 176

Core: 12*Warriors - MoK, Shields, Standard - 204
19*Marauders - MoK, Flails, Standard - 133 (for going with Wulfrik)
20*Marauders - MoS, Flails, Standard - 116

Special: 9*Chosen - MoN, GW, Shields, Champ, Favor of the Gods, Standard, Festering Shroud - 259 (for going with the Chaos Sorcerer)
5*Knights - MoN, Standard - 250 (for going with the Exalted Hero)
5*Knights - MoT, Standard - 240 (for going with the Sorcerer Lord)

Rare: Hellcannon - 205
Warshrine - MoT - 150

Not sure who I will be trying to buff with the Warshrine between the Lords unit and the Chosen. I took Wulfrik cause he normally takes some type of caster with Lore of Metal which destroys my knights. I hope to get into CC with his unit as fast as possible and just break him or atleast keep the focus off of my knights until I get close. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

papabearshane
15-05-2010, 04:36
marauders with great weps are a little better then flails as you keep the +2 str in drawn out combats and they are the same points. just my 2 cents

Rochr
15-05-2010, 12:34
I would remove Collar of Khorne on the Sorceror Lord and give him Golden Eye of Tzeentch. Then I would put him on a Disc of Tzeentch, now he is a lethal bastard :)

Give the Exalted hero Collar of Khorne instead, or maybe Armour of Morsliebb.

Other than that I think the list looks fine.

blackstork
15-05-2010, 20:16
MoS on Warshrine is a better choice.

Justicar Valius
15-05-2010, 21:09
Really? 4+ armour, 3+ ward? Pretty much a rock that is not going to be killed anytime soon. Then it has a high number of wounds and good Toughness.

Cartoon
16-05-2010, 15:52
The only problem with marking it Tzeencth is if you run into fear causers, since the warshrine will be outnumbered. Typically the immunity to fear can be more usefull than the extra +1 ward save, which won't do a whole lot of good if the shrine auto-breaks from being outnumbered by a fear causer.

Also, I agree that great weapons might be a better option than flails on the marauders. They probably won't be striking first regardless of which weapon you're using unless they get the charge, and it won't matter either way then. Keeping the Str 5 throughout combat is probably a bit more useful since marauders aren't known for breaking units in one round of combat.

Goldend eye o' Tzeentch is usually standard issue on my Lvl 4, as is a disk since a few of the spells don't require LOS and the added mobility can really help in hunting warmachines or march blockers. Bolt throwers can ruin your day pretty quick if your lord isn't heavily protected from them and the collar doesn't have quite the level of protection needed to keep him alive if he gets caught by one.

I love my chosen against HE, as I've found they can usually go toe to toe with swordmasters. I find the +1 Str bonus on the EotG roll to be very usefull, since then you negate armor saves and still get to use the hw/shield bonus. Watch out for lore of metal though, it can really rip the army apart. You might want to slap the infernal puppet in there somewhere as well (maybe instead of rod of torment).

Rochr
16-05-2010, 17:49
The only problem with marking it Tzeencth is if you run into fear causers, since the warshrine will be outnumbered. Typically the immunity to fear can be more usefull than the extra +1 ward save, which won't do a whole lot of good if the shrine auto-breaks from being outnumbered by a fear causer.

But you have The Will of Chaos on a LD8, that should in most cases be enough. I think the 3+ ward save is incredible good against shooty armies and magic armies.

grhino
17-05-2010, 12:29
Just use anything with sufficient armour to survive the HE's ASF and you'll be fine. Chariots are great against them too, since you will not likely encounted S7 (only Star Lance and Star Dragon have that!)... impact goes before fighting and HE's are no good against S5 impact hits...

Eta
17-05-2010, 12:42
But you have The Will of Chaos on a LD8, that should in most cases be enough. I think the 3+ ward save is incredible good against shooty armies and magic armies.

But that is only for panic tests, not for fear or terror tests.