PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Dwarfs, Welcome For All Comers..

Godwillsit
15-05-2010, 16:02
Just starting a dwarf army and heres my 2k list

Lord
Dwarf Lord
Great Weapon
Master Rune Of Gromril
Rune Of Resistance
Master Rune Of Spite

Hero
Runesmith
Master Rune Of Balance
Shield
Rune Of Stone

Core
10 Quarrellers
Shields

24 Warriors (6 Wide, 4 Deep)
Command
Shields

24 Warriors (6 Wide, 4 Deep)
Command
Shields

10 Quarrellers
Shields

Special
18 Ironbreakers (6 Wide, 3 Deep)
Command
Rune Of Courage

18 Hammerers (6 Wide, 3 Deep)
Champion
Standard

Bolt Thrower
Crew
Engineer
Rune Of Burning

Bolt Thrower
Crew
Engineer
Rune Of Burning
Rune Of Penetrating

Rare
Organ Gun

Gyrocopter

Got 13pts left i wanted to have all areas covered or try to cover. Love to hear views on the list and give me pointers on what i should change etc.

Little Dave

Laxnumba7
15-05-2010, 23:05
Looks like a solid list! Personally, I prefer Thunderers over Quarellers, but when I did try out Quarellers, I found out they are amazing with Great Weapons. not bad shooting, but nasty in close combat when it happens. Also, I prefer the Flame Cannon over a Gyrocopter, but that's personal preference. A Flame Template is nasty against blocks of troops. I think last game a good hit was 5 hit, and 14 partials. An idea for your bolt Thrower's might be the Master Rune of Skewering. that 1 shot that could make or break the game against the lord left out in the open or something, hitting on a 2+ might be nice. Or maybe a pesky mage is sitting in the wood's with a -4 to be hit (single model, soft cover, a gift of chaos or magic item, and long range).

That is just some food for thought.

Godwillsit
15-05-2010, 23:14
Rune of Skewering. that 1 shot that could make or break the game against the lord left out in the open or something, hitting on a 2+ might be nice. Or maybe a pesky mage is sitting in the wood's with a -4 to be hit (single model, soft cover, a gift of chaos or magic item, and long range).

did think of that, cheers bro, may have to give it a practice :) , i dont know why i seem to have a curse when using the flame cannon :) must be me lol, with the thunderers or the crossbowmen, as u said it comes down to personal taste me thinks :) i always prefer range than +1 to hit and an extra -1 armor save.

thanks for your thoughts on the list Lax

Little Dave

Laxnumba7
16-05-2010, 00:56
My first game with the flame cannon was a total wipe. Personally, under 2k, I don't think it's worth it. But once you start getting past 2k (or play a horde army under 2k), the template really starts to shine. Strength 5 -3 armor save, instant panic check is also nice.

Laxnumba7
16-05-2010, 01:00
Oh yea, for your lord, think about shieldbearers instead of MR of Gromril. Since your model is now bigger than man-size, your immune to killing blow. Combine it with Rune of Stone, and your still at a 1+ armor save. and you just saved 20 points for more goodies.

lcfr
17-05-2010, 03:35
I'm a pretty conservative player when it comes to Dwarfs; I run a very balanced list, but I guess w/an army like Dwarfs there's not much opportunity for thinking outside the box. For example, 6-wide units of infantry just seems to me like you've had way too much fresh air, but if it works stick to it!

That said, the most radical proposal I'd like to make is to include a BSB in your list! It is an absolute must for me in games 1500pts or larger, and I think it would be extremely valuable in a list like yours.

More modestly, I really think it would help to equip one of your characters (you can't do it with your current setup, of course) w/the MRChallenge; it'll add a little twist to an army that could wind up badly outmaneuvred and that may be cumbersome with four big blocks of infantry. Just me two cents.