PDA

View Full Version : WoC 3000 pts in prep for 8th

cabowers
16-05-2010, 10:43
OK, so I have started to prep my new army ready for 8th edition. I have decided on 3000 pts as it is easy to break down into sections for collecting and playing smaller games.

The army list currently stands at 2768 and I am unsure what to spend the remaining points on, so I will post the army list as it stands then give you the 3 options for the remaining points.

Characters (685pts, 23%)
Chaos Lord with Mark of Khorne riding a juggernaut. He carries the Chaos Runeshield and the Sword of Might. He also wears the collar of Khorne

Level 2 Chaos Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch

Level 2 Chaos Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch and Infernal Puppet

Core (1283pts, 41%)
19 Chaos Warriors with Shields and Full command

20 Chaos Marauders with Flails and Full command

10 Chaos Warhounds

10 Maruader Horsemen with Light armour, shields, spears and Full command

20 Chaos Marauders with Shields, Light armour and Full command

19 Chaos Warriors with Shields and Full command

10 Warhounds

Special (695pts, 23%)
8 Chaos Knights with Mark of Tzeentch and full command. They also carry the Blasted Standard

10 Chaos Chosen with Mark of Tzeentch, Halberds and Full command. The champion has the Favor of the Gods

Rare (150pts, 5%)
Chaos Warshrine with Mark of Tzeentch

Now the options

Option 1
Increase Chaos Knight unit to 10 and include another Warshrine with Mark of Tzeentch

Option 2
10 Marauder Horsemen with Light armour, spears, shields and full command. Put Warbanner on either Chosen or one of the Chaos warrior units

Option 3
Hell cannon plus warbanner as above

So which is likely to be the better option and as always comments on the main army list are welcome

ftayl5
16-05-2010, 11:04
OR, you could reduce the Knight unit to 5, get another unit of 5 AND one of those options except A)

ALot of your units can be broken up; 10 warhounds should be 2 x 5 warhounds, 10 horsemen would be better as 2 x 5 horsemen.

You could probly reduce the warrior units to 13 ( asumming the sorcerers are going in there (totalling 14 models)) and deploy 7 x 2 and add another unit of 12 with additional HW and command, deployed 6 x 2, maybe even with a mark if you have the points.

Thats just what I think

cabowers
16-05-2010, 11:14
I went with larger units for warhounds and horsemen as the rumour in 8th is that in order to negate ranks you yourself need to have a rank, therefore the hounds and horsemen need to be that big, same with the knights as even with my general in there thy may end up more of a unit rolling into a flank as opposed to a straight up charge.

The warrior units need to be big as massed bowfire, changes to artilley rules etc mean i need big units to absorb casualties so that they can fight effectively when they reach the opposition battle line