PDA

View Full Version : My Eldar list (Wrong section - Waiting to be move - Sorry)

Smiles.
16-05-2010, 20:45
Farseer
Runes of warding
Runes of witnessing
Spirit stones
Jetbike
Doom
Fortune

Warlocks x5
Enhance x1
Destructor x4
Jetbikes x5

Harlequin Troupe x7
Troupe master
Death jester
Shadowseer
Harlequin's Kiss x4

Pathfinders x5

Dire avengers x10
Exarch
Shuriken catapult x2
Bladestorm

Wave serpent
Vectored engines
Star engines
Spirit stones

Wraithlord
Bright lance
Wraithsword

Wraithlord
Brightlance

Brings me exactly to 1499, I think this army could do quite well tbh, just looking for views on what to drop/take and how I can make it better. The dire avengers were a last minute switch for my Guardians, Also, I'd like some Fire dragons in there, but I don't see my fitting them in.

I cannot drop the harlequins as they are basically esential in this army, I may write a second list including fire dragons and dropping the harlequins incase I enter a tournament etc.

Undecided.

Spanks for reading!

Shield of Freedom
16-05-2010, 20:51
Oops, you're in the Warhammer Fantasy section. Ask a mod to move to 40k.

Smiles.
16-05-2010, 20:52
Sorry >.< /fail

spiderman5z
31-05-2010, 21:21
I think you need to run some swordmasters and phoenix guard

Smiles.
31-05-2010, 21:55
I think you need to run some swordmasters and phoenix guard

<3 Thanks.

Irisado
31-05-2010, 22:12
I cannot drop the harlequins as they are basically esential in this army, I may write a second list including fire dragons and dropping the harlequins incase I enter a tournament etc.

If they are so essential why would you drop them for tournament play?

In my view, the Harlequins are not at all necessary in this list, and the whole army seems rather disjointed, so I cannot figure out what the strategy is meant to be.

In my experience, taking three Monstrous Creatures is sound if you want to field a mixed list, so that's a good starting point, but even from a non-tournament perspective (I don't give advice about tournament armies or tournament play, so you'll have to get somebody else to critique that list), I am struggling to see how this list is going to work I'm afraid.

Your infantry section simply does not have the necessary strength in depth to support the Avatar in my view, the mechanised wing is underpowered (one Wave Serpent is too easy to shoot down in my view), you do not have enough scoring units, and you have far too many points tied up in the HQ section, and unnecessary upgrades (e.g. too many Destructors, Star Engines and Vectored Engines).

I am happy to help you to improve the list, but I really need some idea of how you intend to use it on the table, otherwise I cannot be specific enough to assist you.

Smiles.
31-05-2010, 23:01
Well, the army theme is harelquin, my problem is making it tourament solid.

Irisado
31-05-2010, 23:06
Well, the army theme is harelquin, my problem is making it tourament solid.

In that case, I cannot help you on either front I'm afraid, but once this is moved to the 40K army lists section, I'm sure that somebody else will be able to :).

Smiles.
31-05-2010, 23:25
Well it's only the paint job, and I can drop the harlequin unit to enter a tourney...

I'm thinking Avatar + 3 Wraithlords, 3 wave serpents and squads inside with a farseer.

[Si prefieres lo discutimos en castellano :)]