PDA

View Full Version : First ever WFB list - 2K WoC.

stuiehendo
17-05-2010, 07:17
OK guys, so as I said this is my first ever Fantasy list, so go easy on me as I am the epitomy of a noob! I have bought some models and started painting them, so now Ive just bashed together a list and would like to now just how much it sucks! so here goes.....

Chaos Lord = 310 points.
Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Hellfire Sword.

Exalted Hero = 245 points.
Mark of Slaanesh, BSB, Banner of rage, Chaos Runesword, Shield.

Chaos Sorc = 215 points
Level 2, M of Tzeentch, dispell scroll x 2, power familiar.

Chaos Sorc = 140 points.
Level 2, M of Nurgle.

12 Warriors = 232 points.
M of Slaanesh, shields, Cmd.

M of Slaanesh, additional HW.

20 Marauders = 130 points.
CMD, Mark of Slaanesh.

6 Marauder Horsemen
M of Slaanesh, Flails, Throw axes.

5 Hounds = 30 points

5 Hounds = 30 points

5 Chaos Knights = 260.
CMD, M of Slaanesh.

Total = 1936.

As I said, first ever attempt so I expect and welcome your criticism..

Many thanks guys.

Havock
17-05-2010, 07:49
Wait a while for the new ruleset before you go out and buy an army :)

Heimagoblin
17-05-2010, 07:54
I would change the chaos lord to a exalted hero and give him axe of khorne+favour of the gods and a daemonic mount. Then use the spair pointsn to give the knights the banner of rage, them stick him in their. I presume you want to keep the slaanesh theme for the sake of it but its usless on them now because they're already immune to psychology.

Also, give the chaos warriors halberds and shields for the options+ 3+ save against range. In addition, bsb's can either take a magic banner or magic equipment so I would drop the magic banner, keep the bsb, give him a flail and stick him on a chariot. Finally, give the 2 scrolls to the nurgle wizard as the tzeentch one currently has over his allowed 50 points of magic items.

Peregijn
17-05-2010, 08:59
OK guys, so as I said this is my first ever Fantasy list, so go easy on me as I am the epitomy of a noob! I have bought some models and started painting them, so now Ive just bashed together a list and would like to now just how much it sucks! so here goes.....

Chaos Lord = 310 points.
Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Hellfire Sword.

awesome lord but i would try to give him some more protection, even a mundane shield

firts this set up is illigale. a bsb cant have an other magic item if he has a magic banner

Chaos Sorc = 215 points

[i] i believe this one is over going his point limits in magic items, dispel scroll is 25 points and the power familiar to if i remeber correctly thats a 25 points over hiss 50 point limmit)

Chaos Sorc = 140 points.
Level 2, M of Nurgle.

M of Slaanesh, shields, Cmd.

M of Slaanesh, additional HW.

20 Marauders = 130 points.
CMD, Mark of Slaanesh.

6 Marauder Horsemen
M of Slaanesh, Flails, Throw axes.

5 Hounds = 30 points

5 Hounds = 30 points

5 Chaos Knights = 260.
CMD, M of Slaanesh.

Total = 1936.

As I said, first ever attempt so I expect and welcome your criticism..

Many thanks guys.

i would also try to find some points to equip your marauders with something.
you can get those points by removing something from your tzeentch sorcerer and making your bsb legal.

if you really want 2 dispel scrolls consider giving one of them to the nurgle sorcerer he doesn't have any magic items yet.

your lord really needs more protection. he will get shot to pieces with only t5 and a 4+ armor save. try looking ad the golden eye of tzeentch for wardsave against shooting.

and whats your battle plan? marauders in the middle flanked with the 2 warrior units while the knights ad the fast cavelery protect your outer flanks?
i would keep your lord and your bsb as close to your warriors and marouders as he can be for his leadership of 9 combined with the re-roll from the bsb makes it verry hard to break your units in one charge. the movment 10 of the steed can make sure that he can get in the naberhoud of ether the knights or the fast cav if the get into a combat witch you are not shure they can win.

a last reminder: chaos knights are tough but they cant brake a full ranked infantery unit on there own. well yes they can but it only takes a little bit of below par rolling on the dice and they will be running away from the unit they just charged. if you are charging full ranked units do it or in the flank, or in combintation with a charge from your lord, or get the marouders in the flank.

thats al i can think of right now i hope it works.

Havock
17-05-2010, 09:43
Knights can easily break most ranked up infantry, exceptions being heavy infantry. IE. anything with a 3+ save or better. Muching light infantry is their forte :)

Peregijn
17-05-2010, 11:13
well probably. but i think my self as an champion of bad dice rolling. so let me re frase: in my experience knights of chaos can not brake a full ranked unit if they charge in the front

Fritzallmighty
17-05-2010, 18:45
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against the rules to have both a magical banner and a magical weapon for the BSB?

GWItheUltimate
17-05-2010, 19:29
Ok,

Let's start by the illegal issues:

-You cannot have a Magic Banner AND a Magic Item

Chaos Sorc = 215 points

There's more than 50 pts on Magic Item on him, 25+25+25 = 75.

Honnestly, overall I really like your list. I even say that your list looks like mine (!!!). Either I am noob too or you figure WoC out quite well.

There's place for "tweaking", but that you will see with experience.
Here's a couple of points:
-Your lord has a too big sword and is not well defended. I'd rework his build.
-BSB: Unless you want to use Doom Totem or BotG, don't give him a Magic Banner, put it directly on the regiment instead.
-I use my chaos warriors with Halbeard + Shields... It's the best way you can use them. HW + Shiled is fine too but Dual Hand Weapon is less efficient... Shield is a great boost on them for 1 pts... but that's minor.
-Give you Marauders shields ! But hey ! I guess with just Hand Weapon they could be usefull.. I run them 25+ strong because they die really quickly.
-Marauders Horsemen are too much equiped. Go for Flails OR Throwing Axes OR Spear+Javelins... but right now they cost 17pts which is a lot.... also they like the musician for 6 pts.. Light armor is really not necessary.
-I just don't put champion on my Chaos Knights... 20 pts for.... 1 attack ?!? that's crap..
-Always try to fit the War Banner and the Raptuous standard on your list, these 2 banners are amazing for only 45 pts.

enjoy bro and don't fear being charged (if you want to fight with WoC, get use to it ! )

GWI

GWItheUltimate
17-05-2010, 19:31
well probably. but i think my self as an champion of bad dice rolling. so let me re frase: in my experience knights of chaos can not brake a full ranked unit if they charge in the front

Well they could but the odds are not great.

It's becoming good if you add an exalted on them thought...

stuiehendo
17-05-2010, 21:02
Thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

I will re-jig the list and repost it when I have a bit of time.

If anyone else has any hints or tips for a new WoC General, please hit me with them.

Regards,

Stuie.

stuiehendo
17-05-2010, 21:09
Ok,

-Your lord has a too big sword and is not well defended. I'd rework his build.

GWI

Yeah I can see maybe I need to defend him better, but I dont get why the sword is a problem. Why is having such a bad ass sword a negative thing? Surely all the better for causing pain in the name of Slaanesh?

GWItheUltimate
17-05-2010, 21:11
Chaos Lord
MoS - Steed of Slanesh
Crown of Everlasting Conquest
Enchanted Shield
Sword of Might
320 points

1+ Armor save + Regen
5 x Str 6 attacks, not bad at all !

stuiehendo
17-05-2010, 21:23
Ooooh, looking good.

I like you, GWItheUltimate. Thanks for all of your advice.

Quick question, where do you normally put your sorcerors? In units of marauders? Warriors?

GWItheUltimate
18-05-2010, 17:40
In unit of marauders... because it's actually an upgrade for them. The Sorcerer is more hitty than a marauders..

If you put him in warriors, the whole regiment is actually less effective and cost much more points.

Eta
18-05-2010, 18:54
Have you equipped your marauders with anything? If not, the unit is only 110 points, not 130.

Greetings
Eta

GWItheUltimate
18-05-2010, 20:59
Yeah I can see maybe I need to defend him better, but I dont get why the sword is a problem. Why is having such a bad ass sword a negative thing? Surely all the better for causing pain in the name of Slaanesh?

Well having a big sword is not THE problem... the problem is more that there's nothing good at only 25 pts that would add much more protection..

But the Hellfire sword is not bad at all:

Chaos Lord
MoS
Barded Steed
Hellfire sword
Enchanted Shield

Then you have 0+ armor save and the badass sword... The sword is also good combined with the Helm of Many Eyes, cause you hit them in the face with that awesome stick BEFORE they actually hit you... it's great in duel, but be sure there's nothing left to hit you back !

BTW sword that don't even worth the time to try them:

Deamonsword (unless your a real gambler)
Sword of change (what the hell is that crap ?!? )
Berzerker sword... not impressed at all
The STR test or die sword
Father of all blades (hit them instead of praying they hit them themselves)

Havock
21-05-2010, 17:44
The father of blades is kinda neat on a discrider. Just keep it out of LoS of non-BS shooting.

Your pale companion
23-05-2010, 20:43
I would suggest you wait for the new edition before deciding on anything, especially magic.
Haven't been on the hobby for a while so there's a whole lot I don't know about.