PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt VC list

brother slaughterer
18-05-2010, 07:45
This is my first attempt at a VC army list, basically using what I have at present making 1000pts:

150 Vampire - Summon Ghouls, Infinite Hatred, Biting Blade
155 Necromancer - Corpse Cart with Balefire

120 Ghouls(15)
120 Ghouls (15)
120 Ghouls (15)

40 Dire Wolves (5)
40 Dire Wolves (5)

80 Fell Bats (4)

175 Varghulf

Total: 1000 pts

All comments and criticisms gratefully received

:)

Ovassilias
18-05-2010, 08:41
i like it, nice all around list with options.

u can also try to make your 2 ghoul units to 10 strong and give a champ to your vamp unit and save some points for character upgrades.

if u do that u have 72pts left, enough to get flayed hauberg to your naked vamp and maybe the book to your necro for extra help.;)

brother slaughterer
18-05-2010, 10:36
i like it, nice all around list with options.

u can also try to make your 2 ghoul units to 10 strong and give a champ to your vamp unit and save some points for character upgrades.

if u do that u have 72pts left, enough to get flayed hauberg to your naked vamp and maybe the book to your necro for extra help.;)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Changes make the list:

Vampire - Flayed Hauberk, Summon Ghouls, Infinite Hatred, Biting Blade
Necromancer - Book of Arkhan, Corpse Cart - Balefire

Ghouls (10)
Ghouls (10)
Ghouls (15) - Ghast

Dire Wolves (6)
Dire Wolves (6)

Fell Bats (4)

Varghulf

That comes to 999 pts exactly

I like this list and will playtest to see how it fairs before expanding to 1500 then 2000 pts before 8th Ed comes out and will see what needs to be changed then

Cheers

Mullitron
18-05-2010, 10:38
Nice list, tho i agree you may want to give your vampire some more protection. Personaly i would swap the corpse cart for another vampire with ghoul kin, tho thats more just preference, theres nothing wrong with the necro on cart.

brother slaughterer
18-05-2010, 10:56
Nice list, tho i agree you may want to give your vampire some more protection. Personaly i would swap the corpse cart for another vampire with ghoul kin, tho thats more just preference, theres nothing wrong with the necro on cart.

I did consider that however I was trying to keep away from the uber Character list and just use the models I have for now, thinking about what may or may not be coming with 8th ed.
I may keep the necro on cart and see how it goes and then possibly exchange for another vamp for a change.

Ill have a look at further possible upgrades for the vampire

Cheers for the suggestions

brother slaughterer
19-05-2010, 07:46
Thanks for the suggestions.

Changes make the list:

Vampire - Flayed Hauberk, Summon Ghouls, Ghoulkin, Biting Blade
Necromancer - Book of Arkhan, Corpse Cart - Balefire

Ghouls (10)
Ghouls (10)
Ghouls (15) - Ghast

Dire Wolves (6)
Dire Wolves (6)

Fell Bats (4)

Varghulf

That comes to 999 pts exactly

I like this list and will playtest to see how it fairs before expanding to 1500 then 2000 pts before 8th Ed comes out and will see what needs to be changed then

Cheers

Thats the list edited.
Hope it plays well :)