PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Fists (advice on Fluff, please!)

GenerationTerrorist
18-05-2010, 09:12
Hi Guys. Now my Blood Angels and Deathwing armies are fully complete at 1750-2000pts, I have decided to branch into another SM Chapter to use in a different playstyle. I aldready have the Elite/Mech army in Deathwing, and the Close Combat style of the Blood Angels, so I'd like to go something a bit middle of the road.

Hence why I have chosen the Crimson Fists. An army full of Sternguard (well, 3 squads!) led by Kantor, backed up by a pair of Tactical Squads will be my starting point.

I need to understand the background of the Chapter before I can viably build my army.

If anyone can provide links to Chapter History or Company Organisation, then that would be appreciated.

I do have a few small questions:
- Do the Crimson Fists use Bikes in their armies?
- Do Crimson Fist Tactical Squads use Rhino's or Drop Pods?
- Scouts?
- Assault Squads?

I know that I will be going heavy on Sternguard (3 squads of 5, each in a Razorback), and 2 squads of 5 JP Vanguard. But am unsure what bling to take for my Troop choices?

Like I said, any tips on Fluff would be greatly received :-)
GT

grissom2006
18-05-2010, 09:17
They use anything a Codex Chapter would use. They are all just about veterans as the Chapter was almost destroyed, the few that live are hardened vets. Take a look on the Lexicom for more background on them.

Petay1985
18-05-2010, 12:04
They have access to everything a regular codex chapter would, they are just far fewer in number, see link as suggested above: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crimson_Fists

GenerationTerrorist
18-05-2010, 14:01
Thanks guys :-)
Never knew that place existed before!

carlisimo
18-05-2010, 14:55
They'd have proportionally more scouts than anyone else. Few assault squads other than veteran vanguard squads... their army composition is basically 40-90 veterans and a bunch of scouts (some of whom have recently graduated to space marines). Lots of techmarines and apothecaries, probably lots of terminator suits because those are often kept aboard their ships, few dreadnoughts, if any.

Because of all their techmarines and their good relationship with the Imperium (and hopefully the Adeptus Mechanicus!) they've probably gotten vehicle replacements already. Right after the catastrophe though, they'd only have the stuff available to them in their fleet... drop pods and maybe a few tanks hanging off of Thunderhawks. Few bikes.

But surely they can scrounge up 10 or so. That's the thing with 40k armies, they're so small that you can justify anything.

Petay1985
18-05-2010, 15:12
Thanks guys :-)
Never knew that place existed before!

lexicanum is your friend, but be wary of it, as it will steal from you many hours of your life!! Furthermore i hope you will start a project log for your Crimson Fists once underway, and i hope that you will pm when you do!

MasterDecoy
18-05-2010, 15:16
lexicanum is your friend, but be wary of it, as it will steal from you many hours of your life!! Furthermore i hope you will start a project log for your Crimson Fists once underway, and i hope that you will pm when you do!

not nearly as bad as TV Tropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife) will.

Also, crimson fists are sort of an in-joke at the gaming store I frequent.