PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf Daemonic Engine Questions

khaosgoblin
18-05-2010, 11:26
I have some Chaos Dwarf Daemonic Engine Questions in the Indy GT book, if anyone can help.

1) The Daemonic Engines are listed as Monsters & handlers which have a ranged attack, does this mean they can move & shoot?

2) The Earthshaker cannon fires as a stone thrower it then states to use the 5" template to check which units are shaken, are the wounds resolved with a 5" template as well?

3) The Death Rocket fires as a cannon without a bounce roll, hit are resolved at S3 but are they D6 wounds like a cannon?

Any help or direction to an FAQ for the Indy GT book greatly appreciated.

Khaosgoblin

T10
18-05-2010, 12:07
1) It can move and shoot unless otherwise specified.
2) The earth-shaking effect appears to use the 5 in. effect in addition to normal stone thrower rules, i.e. use the small round template to determine which models take damage.
3) Hard to say without the exact wording, which I am certain you can provide.

khaosgoblin
18-05-2010, 12:15
Exact wording for the death rocket.

" The Death Rockets fires as a cannon as described in the warhammer rulebook. However, there is no bounce roll, instead place the 5" template where the rocket hits & resolve damage. All hits are resolved at S3 (including the model under the hole) with the armour peircing rule"

T10
18-05-2010, 12:43
It seems reasonable to assume that the damage is only 1 wound. After all, the line effect is replaced with a template, the S 10 is replaced with S 3 and the "no armour save" rule is replaced with "armour piercing".

-T10

Da Crusha
19-05-2010, 04:57
1)I believe that the death rockets and earthshaker fire as cannon/stone throwers, which means that they cannot move and fire.
2) earthshaker damage is resolved with the small template.
3)this question was brought up to the author of the book, matt birdoff, recently and he has confirmed the deathrocket as only causing 1 wound rather than d3/d6. this rule will be clarified in Dwarfs of Chaos Version 2. http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7621

here is the incomplete IMO faq/errata http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8380