8 Dire Wolves,doomwolf, 74

Special:

20 Grave Guard( Lead by Vampire and Wight King), fc, icon of vengence 295

3 Fell Bats

Rare:
Varghulf 175

6 Wraiths/Banshee 325

Lords and Heroes:
1 Vampire Lord (Necrarch), +1 Magic Level,Forbidden Lore, Master o/t Black Arts, Lord o/t Dead
Magic Items Helm of Commandment, Dispel Scroll, Book of Arkhan, Biting Blade, 450

Vampire Summon Creatures of the Night, Dark acolyte,
Magic Items The Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of the Lycni, Sword of Striking, 195

Vampire Avatar of Death, Infinate Hatred, Magic Items Blood Drinker 185

Wight King bsb Banner of the Barrows 145

Total

herald of kairos
19-05-2010, 11:01
eh weres the list

LanceSaba
19-05-2010, 12:32
Dude I can barely read that so clean it up and remove the individual point costs, that isn't allowed here. as fare as the list goes combined the three skeletons into two of 15 and change out the summon the the one for skeletons.

bluemage
19-05-2010, 16:23
Yeah that list is a pain to read at the moment, but it looks like any other vampire caster based army. Play smart and you should do really well. I'm not sure how this list relates to 8th edition, as it looks like any other 7th edition vc tourney army.

mo-man
19-05-2010, 22:53
As far as I can see your lord doesn't have an armour save or even a ward save. I'd recommend you give him one of them at least. But unfortunently due to IP law your not allowed to post individual item costs in army lists on here or anywhere online. As far as the army list goes this one is fairly weak. Apart from your grave guard your skelly units are too small to make any impact at all. Unit's of 10 are pretty easy to deal with. I'd recommend you drop the fell bats to ulk up the units.

Dungeon_Lawyer
20-05-2010, 03:31
ok guys sorry about that, I Fixed the list so its readable/legal. I should clarify that its my buddies list for quake city rumble and like a dope he let me see it. We are scheduled for a 1st round grudge match, and im looking for a way to beat this list most of all. I told him about the lack of ward/armor save on his lord, but he seems to think hiding him in the skellies casting away is more than enough defense. Last year I could not get to him and his lord didnt die-He did not have a ward/armor save last year either.

Its an eye on 8th and not typical in the fact that it contains core skellie units with fc, I thought ghouls were all the rage. He can raise the skellies, dire wolves, and fell bats big-I mean big!

Tomalock
20-05-2010, 03:57
My first thought when reading that was also: how in the world is that with 8th in mind? I understand the core with banner rumor adherence now that you have mentioned it, but has he not even glanced over the 25% for characters? That seems to me to be the most crucial list building rumor for VC to try and grapple with as it will have the biggest impact in my mind (based on how people currently field VC vs. how they will *have* to field them. Taking core to capture objectives is optional as you can always choose not to field any core with banners, if that rumor is true).

As for the list itself, I am new to VC and am only viewing it through the lens of 8th rumors, never played it in 7th before the rumors started to be generated. So I'm not really 100% on character setup, but it does seem dicey to have 50% of your casting potential without any sort of a save. In any event, there is a chance I'll be hearing about how he does as a good number of people from my LGS are also attending quake (not me unfortunatly, maybe next year). What army are you fielding btw (not asking for exact list, just curious which army type itself)?

Dungeon_Lawyer
20-05-2010, 04:22
My first thought when reading that was also: how in the world is that with 8th in mind? I understand the core with banner rumor adherence now that you have mentioned it, but has he not even glanced over the 25% for characters? That seems to me to be the most crucial list building rumor for VC to try and grapple with as it will have the biggest impact in my mind (based on how people currently field VC vs. how they will *have* to field them. Taking core to capture objectives is optional as you can always choose not to field any core with banners, if that rumor is true).

As for the list itself, I am new to VC and am only viewing it through the lens of 8th rumors, never played it in 7th before the rumors started to be generated. So I'm not really 100% on character setup, but it does seem dicey to have 50% of your casting potential without any sort of a save. In any event, there is a chance I'll be hearing about how he does as a good number of people from my LGS are also attending quake (not me unfortunatly, maybe next year). What army are you fielding btw (not asking for exact list, just curious which army type itself)?

There was mention of each army getting a specific faq, one aspect for VC being 40% of points allowed in Lords&heros, but this is speculation.

I will be using Lizardmen

Tomalock
20-05-2010, 20:09
Ah ok, he'll have to trim it down a little to meet even that rumor. Without getting into too many specifics (unless you are cool with full disclosure) what is your list looking like? Going to be hard for people to offer advice on how to beat this list without knowing the tools at hand for doing so.