PDA

View Full Version : Rate this W~o~C lists please.

ChaosVC
19-05-2010, 17:42
Please let me know what do you think of these two list? Feed back is appreciated.

List 1
-------
Tzeentch lvl 4 sorcerer lord
collar of khorn
sword of might
infernal puppet.
chaos barded steed.

lvl 2 wizard with no mark with conjoined homoculos
book of secrets
dispell scroll

3 x 5 slannesh marauder horseman with light amour flail and musician

2 x 5 hounds

20 khorn marauders with only great weapon, champion and musician

15 tzeentch chosen with full command, favour of gods and blasted banner (halberd and shield)

3 dragon ogres with great weapon

6 nurgle knights with standard, musican and warbanner

1 x hell cannon.

---------------------------------------------------------

List 2
------

Chaos fighty lord of Tzeentch on dics
morisleb amour
golden eye
sword of might
shield
pendant of slannesh

Exalted champ of Tzeentch
Battle standard bearer
fail and shield
barded chaos steed
fury of the blood god

lvl 1 tzeentch wizard
collar of khorn
dispell scroll
Barded chaos steed

14 slannesh maraders with great weapon

2 x 5 hounds

3 x 5 slannesh marauder horseman with flail, light armour and great weapon

15 warriors of tzeentch with halberd and shield full command and blasted banner

3 dragon ogres with great weapon

6 nurgle knights with standard musican and warbanner

1 hell cannon
--------------------------------

Malorian
19-05-2010, 22:21
Both look fine and balaned to me.

I think list 1 is better though.

mo-man
19-05-2010, 23:48
I dunno about you but when I design a WoC list I don't like to mix marks with weapons/equipment of different gods. And you have gone for a wide variety of choice on the marks for your first army.
But on the lists I wouldn't bother with the hellcannon I dunno about your playtests but whenever I used one it always went insane when I needed it to shoot and kill things.

Rochr
20-05-2010, 00:25
I don't see why you would want to put a Sorceror Lord of Tzeentch on anything but a Disc of Tzeentch, or why you would want to give him a magic weapon. Getting a 400 point character with T4 into CC is going to be a terrible waste.

Infernal Puppet is a great item but why not put it on the lv2 and give the Lord the Book of Secrets?

Combining Armour of Morsliebb and Golden Eye of Tzeentch (List 2) really makes no sense to me at all. Better then give him armour Collar of Khorne and an Enchanted Shield.

ChaosVC
20-05-2010, 05:46
Hmmm, Malorian, I would like to think that way too but a friend of mine tell me its very strong and competative, haha. So thats why I want to know what others think about these lists.

mo-man, I would have agree with you in the past, but seeing how fluffs are dump down and changed after every edition and new book, I don't really care anymore. And according to alot of WOC novels that were written, its common to have multi marks army, so fluff wise, I am not so far off to begin with. As for the hell cannon, it did wonders during some games and it did almost nothing in others, basically its a dice game with lots of random elements...still good to have IMO. Maybe better luck next time for you with your hell cannon.

Rochr, the dics with Tzeentch is great until you face a skaven army with storm banner. Thats why I only use it once in a while these days. And I disagree with you about the book of secrets on a lvl 4. Even with the infernal puppet, a miscast with the book of secrets is going to be very painful, too much of a risk. And funny enough, my chaos sorcerer lord is a budget 300++ guy hehe, he can fight as well as a empire general against rank and file while the chosen will provide protections for him, his kollar of khorne in turn provide the unit with MR 2 as defences against the dark arts.

As for list 2 and the armour of morsliebb and golden eye, you will be suprise how those two had mange to keep my lord alive from both magic, close combat and shooting. During the game, he only took one wound after getting shoot from 3 rbt, 20 archers, 24 lothern sea guards(the flying lord is on a hill) and a reaver bow. Magic did not do anything to him for the same reason. And with the pendant and one wound, he gets an extra attack. Needless to say, the Tzeentch lord fly around the field destroying warmachines, archers, smaller units freeing the rest of the army to concentrate on dealing with other stronger but less mobile units, he can also support charge against units that require more then a unit of warriors or knights to take on. (3plus ward save against all kinds of mundane attacks, 3+ ward against magical shooting, 6+ ward against magical melee and non missile magical damage, 2+ amour save, very resilient)

Collar of Khorne was given to my mounted wizard which provides my chaos knights with MR 2. Similarly my BSB Fury of the blood god gives my warriors MR 2 protection too.

Thanks for the feed backs guys.

Rochr
21-05-2010, 01:07
Rochr, the dics with Tzeentch is great until you face a skaven army with storm banner. Thats why I only use it once in a while these days. And I disagree with you about the book of secrets on a lvl 4. Even with the infernal puppet, a miscast with the book of secrets is going to be very painful, too much of a risk. And funny enough, my chaos sorcerer lord is a budget 300++ guy hehe, he can fight as well as a empire general against rank and file while the chosen will provide protections for him, his kollar of khorne in turn provide the unit with MR 2 as defences against the dark arts.

So you won't take the most powerful choice for him because one army can use a banner that grounds flying? Since all of the Tzeentch spells are 18" there is no real danger for him even with Storm Banner if you play him properly.

The worst miscast you will have with the Infernal Puppet is a 3, which won't kill him anyway and the chance is abyssmal.

Yea he can fight aswell as a Empire general which is about 80 points, while you invest 300-400 points into the Sorceror Lord. If he has a powerful hero in the unit he will make short work of your lord and you will have lost the game, it is hard to recover from a dead Sorceror Lord.

I usually run mine with Enchanted Shield and Golden Eye of Tzeentch, against Skaven with Jezzail, Doom Wheel and Globadiers the 1+ armour save and 3+ ward save is a life saver :D

But good luck with the fighting, fellow follower of the dark gods!

ChaosVC
21-05-2010, 03:48
Rochr, I understand what you mean, as I have said, I gave him the collar of khorn so he can provide mr 2 to my tzeentch chosen with blasted banner, I can walk at my own pace together with my chosen as I blast anything that come in range, in fact the moment the game start, I can blast most things once I march 8 forward. Once in combat, few can really kill him except a chaos lord which is very unlikely, even if there is one I am more than happy to feed him champion haha.

And one thing about giving the book of secrets to the lvl 2 has it use, he can use the first spell of shadow to do a flying charge against warmachines haha.

Well thats the basic idea of my composition.