PDA

View Full Version : The War Store: Nice Job

Reinholt
19-05-2010, 21:15
Given that I have laid the lumber on a few companies in the past around here, notably GW, I wanted to take a moment to also point out that, in the spirit of fairness, I want to congratulate people for getting it right.

So on that note, having just gotten my latest order from the War Store, I wanted to give a shout out to Neal and everyone there, for the following reasons:

1 - I've piggybacked on orders with others or made my own, and have had zero problems with shipping delays, incorrect merchandise, or damaged product so far. 100% success rates are pretty unusual, so good work.

2 - Communication from them is far superior to most companies I deal with as a consumer.

3 - I'm impressed with the depth and breadth of product offerings they have, ways to get people into the wargaming hobby relatively cheaply with discounts that they offer, and their speed of procurement.

4 - The web presence is a highly positive thing. I know people all the way out in states like California and Minnesota that swear by these guys.

So: cheap, good scale, high quality service, very good reliability so far in my dealings with them. Good work, guys. Keep it up.

ICLRK625
19-05-2010, 21:22
Agreed 100%

The War Store is the ONLY webstore I've ever used that consistently answers emails quickly, and their prices are the most accessible and consistent.

Fredox
19-05-2010, 21:25
Only placed one order with them myself and was very pleased with the result. Posted to the UK with no issues and I'd happily order from them again if I couldn't find what I wanted closer to home. There are some real good eggs out there that will go above the call of duty and care about reputation as it hard to get and harder to keep.

evilsponge
19-05-2010, 21:25
Considering they also have to put up with a suppliers inane policies on IP protection (no shopping cart, seriously?) they really do a stand up job

Sleazy
19-05-2010, 22:12
Havent used Warstore for a while (well BWBitz) but had no probs when I did.

Whilst we are throwing praise about the place, I ordered 4 boxes of minis from Dark Sphere on Sunday ahead of the price rises and recieved them Tuesday morning.

Superb stuff (and great price too).

loveless
19-05-2010, 22:22
I've had excellent service from the WarStore - just ordered some products from them earlier this month without a single issue.

They pack things incredibly well - books are sealed in bags and the entire box is drenched in packing peanuts to help prevent jostling.

As far as Warmachine goes, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had updated their old blisters with the newest cards - something that I haven't seen happen with other providers online...though I don't recall if my last purchases at the other stores were pre or post Mk. II of Warmachine.

Anyway, they're certainly on the cheaper end of pricing and they're quick as bunnies - I got my last order in less than a week, and I made it on a Friday.

Their selection is excellent as well - it's terribly difficult to find a good supplier of Anima or Warmachine around my area, so it's nice to have the WarStore around with a solid selection of both product lines.

I'd be willing to write them a recommendation if they wanted one.

JLBeady
20-05-2010, 02:58
Yes, got to give two thumbs up to The Warstore. Despite GW's very customer unfriendly and US only ban on internet shopping carts, I was easily able to place orders online for mixed GW and non GW product and get it all delivered in 3 to 5 days. Nothing broken, no surprises. Communication is great. Would and do recommend them to anyone.

pom134
20-05-2010, 17:05
The Warstore has screwed up my orders twice. One time I called, the other I emailed and both times I had the right pieces for no extra charge within the week.

GREAT customer service, call before 6EST and you WILL get someone on the phone who can help you.

My local ex-redshirt gets super pissed when I tell him I order from there. He thinks its people like me that made his store closed. I think it's idiots like him that make me not want to give GW my money.

frozenwastes
20-05-2010, 22:33
If you live in the US and don't have a local store you want to support, there is literally no reason not to get your stuff from thewarstore.com rather than GW. I'd also recommend miniaturemarket.com. I find miniaturemarket.com is better for international orders.

Skaven13
21-05-2010, 22:08
Yes, we are a Warstore family ourselves. Neal and his company are wonderful to deal with. I typically don't buy from anyone else. I also have to comment on the accuracy of the orders. I have placed quite a few orders with them over my (too) many years in wargaming, and have NEVER had a problem with them. Kudos Neal! Keep it up! We need stores like you that actually cares about their consumer more now than ever.

TheMav80
21-05-2010, 22:49
I have ordered from the m loads of times. A few times with GW orders and several time buying miniatures that had been put on clearance for use in DnD campaigns...or just because I thought they looked cool. I have never had a problem.

We just had a newer gaming store open up, so I have been giving them the little business I do these days instead since they are such great guys. Still, the Warstore is awesome.

Volchek
22-05-2010, 12:34
Nothing but excellent service from The War Store. Ordered bitz many many times as well as other items and they've been fantastic to deal with so far. Not one complaint from me. I'll use them again and again.

Lucifig
23-05-2010, 03:13
I live in NY so I have to pay sales tax, so it ends up a little more expensive for me than other online stores might...but I'd never go anywhere else. Neil's customer service is absolutely amazing and the shipping rates are just incredibly fast.

mdauben
23-05-2010, 05:08
Another War Store fan. They are my "go to" on-line store for most of my wargaming needs.

I'm normally a supporter of the FLGS, but only local source right now is a Hobbytown with a very limited range of 40k/WFB/FOW. I buy all my supplies there, and the occasional model or box set if they have it, but otherwise I just use the War Store.

Santiaghoul
25-05-2010, 00:59
Big fan of Neal and the War Store. I do not make all my gaming purchases there but War Store is always the first place I look when I do start shopping.

Ramius4
25-05-2010, 15:07
Warstore is excellent. My group makes 2 or 3 bulk orders from them every year. The couple times there was ever an issue, a quick phone call has always been followed by flawless customer service.

It's nice to be able to actually speak to someone on the phone who deals fairly with you. Sadly, personal service like that is the exception with most companies rather than the rule these days.

Orinoco
30-05-2010, 07:24
the warstore is an epic place. even when it comes to shipping army transports overseas. epic win :)

Ulfson
30-05-2010, 15:09
Haha,

Its amazing to note that when someone posts a thread that is about a positive aspect, such as this one about great customer service, you get 17 comments over 10 days. Post something like "Screw you GW I'm playing warmachine" gets you seven pages of replies over six days! Ingrained pessimism much...?

Regardless, it is refreshing to hear about good customer service. Should I ever need to purchase product outside of my LGS, I'll look to these guys.

isaac
30-05-2010, 16:55
You get service and you tell 3 people, you get bad service and tell at least 10

Reinholt
30-05-2010, 17:00
See, my theory is that because I started the thread, everyone naturally assumed it would be a twenty page rant replete with things like mathematics, references to balance sheets, and corporate governance discussions.

Then, for their own self-preservation, they did the smart thing and avoided it!

Max Jet
30-05-2010, 17:49
Haha,

Its amazing to note that when someone posts a thread that is about a positive aspect, such as this one about great customer service, you get 17 comments over 10 days. Post something like "Screw you GW I'm playing warmachine" gets you seven pages of replies over six days! Ingrained pessimism much...?

uh.. don't know.. but MAAAYBE.. just MAYBE this results from the fact that everyone on this forum has used GW Products but only a tiny mayority has actual experience with the Warstore?
I know this idea is pretty bold, but hey there might be a point of truth in it, who knows?

Torga_DW
31-05-2010, 04:35
I felt obliged to throw in my 2 credits. I've only ordered from the warstore a couple times (bits orders), but so far so good. My last order was only about a month ago, and it got here pretty quickly for overseas i think. I'll definitely go to him again when i need more parts.

off topic - i always enjoy reading your posts reinholt (sp?). You say very interesting things most of the time.

uona
31-05-2010, 07:08
ive used them a bit myself for deliveries to asia.I think they got the retribution stuff to me in 3 days :O.thats just wow. Price even with shipping was a little bit less than retail.

Foolish Mortal
01-06-2010, 08:49
Gotta put my tuppence in as well.

I've only ordered around 2 - 3 times, but on each occaision the communication has been superb, the speed of delivery to the UK has been very fast, and the amount of errors with the orders - a big, fat 0.

The only thing putting me off ordering more & more often is the dreaded risk of custom charges, but apart from that, I would have no problem with recomending The War Store to any & everyone.

Epicenter
01-06-2010, 16:50
I enjoy ordering from Warstore and still give them my business.

That said, they've screwed up my orders a number of times and I've ordered quite a bit from them since when they first opened. I'm pretty understanding of mistakes; nobody's perfect and it's not like they're drilling deep sea oil wells or doing surgery. So as long as they fix the problems when told, I'm happy. This is something they'll do and with alacrity, and that, along with their prices is why I continue to order from them.

I am kinda bummed they seem to have trimmed back on their browsable selection on their new webpage though. :( One of the things I loved about warstore was being able to browse lesser-known games and so on as a kind of reference.