PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever bought for giftsforgeeks.org.uk?

Davo
20-05-2010, 19:01
If so is it reliable? Sorry for the stupid question...again. Couldn't find anything on the GW website.

I also obviously meant "from" not "for" in the thread title.

Novrain
20-05-2010, 19:20
yes, and yes. I bought a load of empire stuff, and although some was out of stock, they split the package up for free and posted the late stuff as soon as it arrived. In total probably about 7 days delivery for everything, and good customer service.

Just one opinion, but it was good for me, and cheap.

tmarichards
20-05-2010, 19:22
Yep, I bought me DE army from them a year or 2 ago and it was good value and came quickly and in good condition.

Davo
20-05-2010, 19:24
Thanks guys, the cynic in me just got a bit suspicious when I saw that they are a fair bit cheaper than any other GW stockist I have seen. Good stuff.

RanaldLoec
20-05-2010, 19:29
Ive used giftforgeeks they cheap try waylandgames as well there cheap and I think there p&p sometimes is cheaper.

Oh and is that a Flashman book cover in your avatar??

Chrisorc
20-05-2010, 19:31
Sheesh they're a good bit cheaper there than in my local GW store, do you know if they ship to Sweden? Couldn't find that kind of information on there.

TheZombieSquig
20-05-2010, 19:31
I have bought from them satisfactorily. They are a tad cheaper than other online retailers, but they don't do free postage (or at least the didn't when I last bought), so that's where it evens out. Good shop though, no problems.

Davo
20-05-2010, 19:37
Ive used giftforgeeks they cheap try waylandgames as well there cheap and I think there p&p sometimes is cheaper.

Oh and is that a Flashman book cover in your avatar??

Yep, the cover of the first one, I'm a big fan.

Sheesh they're a good bit cheaper there than in my local GW store, do you know if they ship to Sweden? Couldn't find that kind of information on there.

I'm fairly sure they ship abroad and I'd imagine to Sweden as there was a long drop down list of countries for delivery address options. Not sure how much the postage would be though.

Witchblade
20-05-2010, 21:28
I can attest to their great customer service. Better than GW in all aspects.

Tymell
20-05-2010, 21:33
I bought there. On the plus side, good price and a very nice site. They're also reliable in the sense that you'll get your product as described, definitely trustworthy in that respect.

However, the delivery time I experienced was very poor (several weeks, and I'm within the UK), and when I complained about this the customer service was equally shoddy: the first reply I got left me with more questions, when I sent a second email asking about this I literally got a copy and paste of the first one back again.

When the things did arrive they were in fine condition, but that experience was enough to put me off ordering from them again, though I may give it another chance sometime.

Silent Tristero
20-05-2010, 22:07
They're my local store, and have been pretty helpful - and of course, very affordable.

Rochr
20-05-2010, 22:40
I have bought there. If you live outside UK it takes atleast 5 - 10 days to get your stuff which is the only downside

Yamacon
20-05-2010, 22:43
I live in leicester and so i can go and pick items up from there store, highly recommend, a nice bunch of guys :)

Screaming Manti
20-05-2010, 23:11
Awsome store, I'm in leicester aswell so its great having a store where i can pop in warhammer on the cheap. and i've always had great service!

snottlebocket
21-05-2010, 06:48
Take a look at maelstrom too. They're quite cheap, good service and they ship for free.

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/

wickedvoodoo
21-05-2010, 06:57
Both gifts and maelstrom are very good.

Giftsforgeeks got me through my uni years living in leicester, played against the owner several times too, he is a nice guy.

Maelstrom is my local store, play there fairly regularly, again a good set of peoples. They have a very impressive set up at their new(ish) store too, anyone in the east midlands should check it out.

Faitfull
21-05-2010, 07:11
Have used them... can recomend them..

all the ordered stuff came with good service, good and responsible packaging and so on

I belive they provide worldwide..

my last order was to my location in denmark

Urgat
21-05-2010, 07:36
I can attest to their great customer service. Better than GW in all aspects.

GW customer service is actually supposed to be very good, in fact.

Davo
21-05-2010, 09:20
Thanks for all the feedback chaps, just bought a large upgrade to my Beasts for a remarkably cheaper price than I would from GW. Happy days.

RealMikeBob
21-05-2010, 17:53
Ordered from Giftsforgeeks a few times and never had any problems, even delivery times were reasonably quick.

Nocculum
21-05-2010, 19:44
Always order courier or recorded/next day from them as their standard 1st class can take a bit longer. Having said that, the delivery times for Wayland are atrocious and Geeks are a good deal cheaper. I order Warmachine, Fantasy and have placed 40k orders in the past, good service/store all-round.

George Dorn
22-05-2010, 07:11
Gifts for Geeks is my local and they're very good.

We're spoiled in the East Midlands -WHW, Gifts for Geeks, Wargames Inc, Maelstrom...

Makes me feel smug.

t-tauri
22-05-2010, 07:13
Thread closed. Not directly warhammer related. See here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207086) for online store recommendations.