PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Warriors Best Marks/ Equips?

Krom The Eternal
20-05-2010, 21:43
I was wondering which marks best suit which wargear Im thinking in my force I'd make all HW/S Warriors Undivided and Then Warriors with 2x HW and Great Weapons Khorne but i also thought that Tzeentch on the GW warriors might be a good Idea What do you guys think?

Malorian
20-05-2010, 21:45
Given the rumors of 8th (fight at initiative and no handweapon/shield bonus) and their awesome initiative, I think halbreds are going to be the best way to go, no matter what the mark.

(Maybe shields too for shooting.)

Knifeparty
20-05-2010, 21:59
8th edition rumours are that a unit with frenzy may pass a leadership test to not have to charge, this makes mark of Khorne sooo much better in my oppinion and probly the best if it becomes true.

Slaanesh is good all around and the cheapest mark.

Nurgle is kinda hit or miss, litterally.

Tzeentch is debatable. Personally I would never rely on 6+ wardsaves, but then again look at all those savage orc players who love it.

I will second Malorian's oppinion, halberds all the way instead of great weapons, Hand weapon shield i still think is the best option because 2 WS5, I5, St4 attacks per guy is still awsome, especially if they will be able to fight in two ranks.

logan054
20-05-2010, 22:00
I have a feeling it will be MoN + halberds

I think MoT is going to be alot better on marauders with HW+SH

Malorian
20-05-2010, 22:01
8th edition rumours are that a unit with frenzy may pass a leadership test to not have to charge, this makes mark of Khorne sooo much better in my oppinion and probly the best if it becomes true.

But you also only get +1 attack on the charge...

Alltaken
20-05-2010, 23:07
As far as I'm aware there's 2 new "solidified" rumors. 2nd rank will only have 1 attack no matter which special rule we talk about. And armour save modifiers stay put, no changes from 7th.

This hurts MoK greatly, but anyway lets give it a look: 2handed weapons + MoK= 4 attacks from 1st rank and 1 from the back rank. on a 6 wide formation that's 30A, pretty MAD. With 4+AS.

I'd go for MoK personally on warriors since they'll still modify armour save

Krom The Eternal
20-05-2010, 23:13
hmmmm =] I like me some 30 Attacks that could bring some serious pain lol

Knifeparty
20-05-2010, 23:20
But you also only get +1 attack on the charge...

Which is still nothing to sneeze at. Especially if they have 2 attacks base.

The question is do they still remain ITP after the charge?

And I wonder how Banner of Rage will work...do they still get +1 attack every round? They'll have to FAQ maybe.

ChaosVC
21-05-2010, 01:11
Well...its really situational. While halbered seems the best and I have used it since 6th ed, I still think I would always give them a shield and either halberd or great weapon.

Slannesh would be great in 6th and 7th ed because of fear and terror but since they are nerffing fear and terror in 8th, slannesh is lest important. For me, I think I would take nurgle and tzeentch with blasted banner,(4+ward against anything shooting). Khorn is the lest desirable mark for me, even though the +1 attack is great when you charge, I always believe that its better to make sure they get there, no point being freaking killy but end up losing lots of warriors before you can fight anything.

Lordsaradain
21-05-2010, 06:54
Halberd + sheild. MoS or MoK are usually best.