PDA

View Full Version : 8th ed 1k VC list

logan054
22-05-2010, 02:18
Well after buying a new VC army on mantics games (cost me 55 + a AoW vampire) this is what i have come up with keeping in mind the possible rumours of 8th ed (25% characters etc)

Characters

Vampire
- Sword of might
- Flayed Hauberk
- Dark Acolyte
- Lord of dead
Total 185pts

Necromancer
Total 55pts

Core

15 Skeleton Warriors
- Full command
Total 140pts

16 Skeleton Warriors
- Full command
Total 148pts

Special

15 Grave Guard
- Fullcommand
- Royal Standard of Strigos
Total 245pts

Rare

4 Wraiths
- Tomb Banshee
Total 225pts

Army Total 998pts

Any Suggestions welcome

logan054
22-05-2010, 12:46
so no thoughts?

Ovassilias
22-05-2010, 18:22
make your skellies 2 x15 since your Vamp can raise them and save some points.

Make grave guard 14 with great weapons (7x7) and hatred banner, your vamp can be more fighty like that as well.

Give your necro an extra spell (invo and dance) and your good to go imo.

i think your left with 13pts as well if u do these changes.

logan054
23-05-2010, 08:15
Good suggestions, i will see how easy the models im getting are to convert into great weapon carrying models (using the mantic ones), cant give the necro a extra spell because that brings me over the 25% heroes sadly, i was originally going to give him a bound item, well i made some changes, i wasnt so sure one what to do with vampire to make her more fighty, as it stands i dont really want to drop a magic level or lose lord of dead

Ovassilias
23-05-2010, 10:05
1k is a hard number for vamps, not much u can do with a 25% cap.

Maybe drop sword of might for an extra necro spell, u can always find a use for it.
Your vamp is inside a decent wight unit and has 3str5 with re-rolls backed up by 5str4 KB attacks with re-rolls so its ok.

logan054
23-05-2010, 10:47
Well if it was 5 wide it would actually be 10 S4 KB attacks on the wights as infantry can attack in two ranks :D

OK i will drop the sword and get an extra spell, i get 2d6 + 3 powerdice which isnt to bad plus this challenling for extra powerdice

Ovassilias
23-05-2010, 12:44
Well if it was 5 wide it would actually be 10 S4 KB attacks on the wights as infantry can attack in two ranks :D

OK i will drop the sword and get an extra spell, i get 2d6 + 3 powerdice which isnt to bad plus this challenling for extra powerdice

lol yeah, forgot we were talking about 8th:p

true yeah, so more attacks in from the wights which make them even more deadly.

i think that on the roundup they said GW strike in two ranks as well hm.....:shifty:

logan054
23-05-2010, 22:54
I dont think the GW is such a easy choice to make now, problem is with everyone fighting in 2+ ranks i dont know if a 5+ save is really going to cut it, on the brightside atleast with HW+SH they have a 4+ save which wont be dropping past a 6+ so it offered reasonable protection and strength 3 and better than nothing against strength 5+

I think i might have to try out both options first, now i hope my AoW vampire turns up soon because i cant wait to start painting her :)

thesheriff
24-05-2010, 21:12
I would be tempted to just take 3 Necromancers with a scroll each and 2 spells. Lots of cheap magic for under 25%. But other than what has already been said, it's a good idea

thesheriff

logan054
24-05-2010, 22:44
I thought you had to have a vampire as your general?

Ovassilias
24-05-2010, 23:51
I thought you had to have a vampire as your general?

you need a vampire to lead the army.no choise about it.

Roarschach
25-05-2010, 03:43
Good luck in 8th with vamps, but I'm sure you're glad that people won't be screaming cheese as much.

patchy
25-05-2010, 11:56
vamps will always do well. i can't remember a edition where they weren't a powerhouse. Nice choice on wraiths, one of my favorite units

maze ironheart
25-05-2010, 13:47
Good luck in 8th with vamps, but I'm sure you're glad that people won't be screaming cheese as much.

Yeah cause GW gave the little whinners what they wanted cause they could not figure a way to actully fight against vampire armys.

vamps will always do well. i can't remember a edition where they weren't a powerhouse. Nice choice on wraiths, one of my favorite units

Here here I have started myself and will endure this Injustice to the rules

logan054
25-05-2010, 16:40
@ Ovassilias - yeah i thought so however the comment on 3 necros confused me abit :P

@ Roarschach - Cheers well its going to be a very interesting change from using my Khorne mortal army, it will be my first magic heavy army!

@ patchy -cheers, i actually went with wraiths because it was only 12.50 for 5 from mantic games!

@ maze ironheart - Well they either gave in order decided the best way to kick off a new edition is to invalidate as many armies as possibel ;)

Now i just need to plan how to bump this up to 2k, Vamp lord, black knights, cant be far off now :)

ROCKY
25-05-2010, 16:51
i would consider also taking the sword of might on the vampire (3S6 attacks are good at this points level) and u will still be in the safe zone: 55+ 185= 240 so ur 10 points under ;) i personally would think that my vampire would rather have dread night, lord of the dead, sword of might (or enchanted shield) and the book of arkhan, then take a nude necro. this way u have a better movement (if he needs to bail) and u can either get 3S6 attacks for one turn (lance) and a 1+armor save, or a 2+armor save and constant S6. and then the book for when u run out of ur random powerdices and invocations.

logan054
25-05-2010, 18:28
lol originally i had sword of might but took it off as advised, i wasnt going to bother with a necro but i thought the AoW one looked cool, with the random powerdice a couple of extra spells could always come in handy.

I was thinking about taking avatar of death originally as well, i wouldnt take dread knight simply because im using the AoW vampire bird (which is such a cool model i wouldnt want to cut it up!).

ROCKY
25-05-2010, 21:47
lol originally i had sword of might but took it off as advised, i wasnt going to bother with a necro but i thought the AoW one looked cool, with the random powerdice a couple of extra spells could always come in handy.

I was thinking about taking avatar of death originally as well, i wouldnt take dread knight simply because im using the AoW vampire bird (which is such a cool model i wouldnt want to cut it up!).

coolness, you should post a pic sometimes, anyways i am sure u have played this enough times to know this, but just as a reminder, keep the vampire away from dangerous situations. u might consider the flayed hauberk and they flying ability. just zip out of hairy situations and spam invocation

logan054
25-05-2010, 21:53
Well i have a log going, so when they arrive in the post i will get those painted and posted, well i will certainly try and keep her out of trouble, cheers everyone for the advise, i will certainly come back soon when i plan to expand to 2k :)