Cold One Chariot

Cold One Chariot

Cold One Chariot

400 - 20%

Rare:

War Hyrdra

War Hyrdra

350 - 17.5%

So i though this up recently and though that it was the exact opposite of the standard idea of what a DE army is. This list has high base strength and Toughness on its main units and the speed to compensate while also maintaining 3 Terror causers. Though, I am still keeping 8th in mind and i know that it will change drastically but, it is an idea.

Over all idea is that the crossbowmen watch the back fields, the chariots form the main line, hydras with flank or be in more difficult terrain, the ever loved dark riders will do their thing and watch the flanks on the chariots, and the master will hide around till later as the sorceress plops down somewhere out of the way.

though much fear of the str 7 attacks =(

tmarichards
22-05-2010, 13:39
Actually, you'll find that this is a fairly typical list to some people- maxed out shooting core and double hydra...

Looks faily simple and effective, rush and rend and shoot and use the hydras to keep people out of the trees. Beyond getting the Ring of Hotek in there somewhere not really sure what else I'd suggest, except that the core is pretty excessive- you only really need the 3 units of dark riders. Save the points, and if you want a fighty character go with a Lord on a dragon, he'll do the job much better than the Manticore, and is able to withstand a slight breeze which would otherwise drop the Manticore.

patchy
25-05-2010, 12:02
yeah looks pretty standard, but till 8th is a bit breakable by strength 7.