PDA

View Full Version : Let me show off!!! (Just kidding)

Brother Smith
25-05-2005, 22:45
Hi, i've just done some rudimentary recordings of riffs and melodys I intend to use in my upcoming ( :rolleyes: ) band Blunt Justice, and i'd really appreciate it if you all commented on whether or not you like them.

When I was recording some of it, I had MSN Messnger running, so that explains the chime noises that appear at random intervals.

Unless you did'nt know, im only 14, so don't judge harshly when you hear these!

The downloads are underneath the picture of Adam (Me - although that picture is pretty old..).

Enjoy...

http://sammo45.tripod.com/id12.html

Ass Goblin
25-05-2005, 23:42
How old is your drummer? He looks younger than 10. Oh and use a better mike for your recordings there is not much volume. But your Solo kicks ass!

arxhon
26-05-2005, 02:31
im only 14, so don't judge harshly when you hear these!

http://sammo45.tripod.com/id12.html

What's age got to do with talent or lack thereof? ;)

Anyway, it's pretty obvious you listen to a lot of old Metallica (and/or similar bands). There are a million Metallibabies, so you might want to look into listening to something completely out of genre, like, say, Neil Young (just to throw a random non-metal name off the top of my head out there) jsut to get some different influences and drag yourself out of sounding like everyone else. Lemme guess...your amp is a Fender, right?

Production tips: You need to turn up the gain on the mike. If you can't ,then get a soundcard that will let you do this. You don't need a $1500 soundcard, a cheap Audigy will do you just fine. Get a cable and plug it in to the back of the card.

Turn off MSN before you start recording. :rolleyes:

Conclusion: Keep it up. :) Record some mp3's of you kids jamming together and post those up, would you?

:0)
26-05-2005, 04:37
How old is your drummer? He looks younger than 10. Oh and use a better mike for your recordings there is not much volume. But your Solo kicks ass!

Agreed.

I also agree that the drummer does indeed look like a toddler. :p

Beefstick
26-05-2005, 17:35
Yeah, there's more than a little Metallica in all of that. Not bad really. You should look into some Joe Satriani and Jeff Beck. Some dudes with a classic guitar background. I feel a lot of rising tension in your clips, but at the end, no sauce. I kept waiting for you to bust into something really mind blowing. Also, are there any clips fleshed out with the rest of your band. I'd like to hear it. And really, not bad man, you've got some good crunchy guitar sounds coming.

Brother Smith
26-05-2005, 18:09
It's a Zoom 30 multi effect amp. My guitars are great though - A Jackson KE3 and a Maverick F-3.

The picture of the drummer is pretty bad... he's 14.

The recordings don't have any structure to them, but their purpose is to record some of the ideas (I) we have for songs.

And the 'micophone' was actually some old speakers next to my amp.

My main influences are Megadeth and Testament, NOT Metallica, but they did rule.

Thanks for the comments though, hope to see more of them!

Kargos Bloodspit
26-05-2005, 18:32
I do a bit of Internet Radio hosting for one of the games I play. When I do my come back show (after study leave) next monday or tuesday, I'll play a few of the tracks (with your permission of course) and get a few opinions.

salty
26-05-2005, 19:01
Very cool, and I quite like the way those MSN bleeps break things up :D

Salty :)

P.S. No, I really do!

Brother Smith
26-05-2005, 19:25
Sure Kargos, just remember to give credit to the right people! :)

Brother Smith
26-05-2005, 19:30
Kargos, I'm going to re - record some of the recordings tonight, and update them on the website, could you play those instead?

Kargos Bloodspit
26-05-2005, 19:32
Kargos, I'm going to re - record some of the recordings tonight, and update them on the website, could you play those instead?

yeah sure, i havn't even downloaded them yet so long as its up on the night, ill play it.

Wiseman
28-05-2005, 00:39
sounds good, keep it up

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 00:53
awesome dude, i'm working from the bottom up, awesome

go pro, i'll buy your album!

very old metallica-esque, which i like, if you can do the guitar solo from one, i'll round up some groupies :D

keep up the good work