PDA

View Full Version : Pursuit rules

Nuada
24-05-2010, 13:16
Sorry if this is an obvious answer. I'm just making sure I've got this correct, coming from a warhammer background the rule seems really powerful.

If i win, and i chose to pursue. Then i keep winning the combat. Can i keep pursuing and pursuing forever?

Reason i ask is, it says ..the victorious unit is moved back into contact and a further round of pursuit combat is fought.."
So, is it one more round of combat max?

Geep
26-05-2010, 00:39
You can keep pursuing as long as you're not blocked by something- eg. cavalry can't pursue through a wood.

This is very powerful compared to Warhammer- you can wipe out whole units in one combat phase, but in return that unit of yours will likely lose a base or two and end up some distance from your characters, severely limiting it's future movement and combat abilities.

I'm quite new to the game myself and can't give any great examples...

Nuada
26-05-2010, 08:28
Thanks Geep. It threw me off because it says "fight a further round" (not rounds)

Our mistake was we moved all the supporting units as well as one big block. I can see where we went wrong now. Thanks

si2
26-05-2010, 18:59
don't forget that once you destroy the original unit completely you change to 'advance' and you can only advance once.

SI

azraelezekiel
30-05-2010, 07:14
Once you have advanced, you can then continue to pursue the new target unit (if you win of course) until that is destroyed as well.

As has been mentioned though, you lose all support advantages and can end up a fair way away from any effective command.

Ben
06-06-2010, 16:06
My group play with the changes in Warmaster ancients, which means you can only pursue twice.

Nuada
09-06-2010, 21:56
My group play with the changes in Warmaster ancients, which means you can only pursue twice.

Yeah, i was about to point this out myself. I think it's something we may consider as well.

si2
24-06-2010, 08:37
ANother point is that infantry never pursue cavalry, so you need to make sure infantry wipe out the enemy on the first round, or they will escape.

Limiting to two rounds of pursuit upsets the balance too much for me- especially on large multi-unit engagements with units that have good saves.

Si