PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into Fantasy - Chaos - need suggestions :)

alphamale
25-05-2010, 11:20
Hi Guys,

I'm getting back into Fantasy after many years of hibernation. Under the old system Chaos were comprised of Mortals, Demons and Beasts. Consequently I have a mixed army in today's setting. I was wondering if anyone here would care to help me make a 1k and 2k all comers list based on what I have.

- 20 knights
- 10 horsemen
- 50+ Warriors on foot
- 1 chariot
- 2 characters on steeds
- 1 demon prince
- 2 keepers
- 20+ demonettes
- 18 mtd demonettes
- 3 fiends
- 3 dragon ogres
- 12 hounds(dogs, not the Khorne hounds)

From reading the Warriors Tactic's thread(what a long read), it appears as though an all cavalry army is the way to go, largely due to the fact that warriors on foot are slow. Here's what I've got, any suggestions welcome.

1K list
2 x 5 Knights + MoS
2 x 5 Horsemen + MoS + Flails
2 x 5 Hounds
This leaves me with 370 to spend on characters or a dragon ogre or two. What do you guys think?

Thanks heaps.

ROCKY
25-05-2010, 15:58
ummm try the army list section. but as for ur units, if u want to field a small fast army then try making one knight unit six models + a cheap exalted, drop the other unit of knights and get dragon ogres, and u should have enough for a caddie :)

Roarschach
25-05-2010, 16:18
Not daemons, they extremely OP now. WoC is the more respectable choice.

danny-d-b
25-05-2010, 16:51
hold on to we get a hard copy of the rule book- by the sounds of it the rules are changing quite a lot and so your heavy cavlary may take a compleat nurf or they may not, inf might be better- at the moment we don't know so hold on a month or 2 till you can get your hands on the 8th edition

ROCKY
25-05-2010, 16:55
hold on to we get a hard copy of the rule book- by the sounds of it the rules are changing quite a lot and so your heavy cavlary may take a compleat nurf or they may not, inf might be better- at the moment we don't know so hold on a month or 2 till you can get your hands on the 8th edition

finally some sound advice :)

goodz
25-05-2010, 17:32
I would suggest first of all not giving your knights MoS they cause fear already so are immune to fear, the banner of rage gives them an extra attack, and you can block them with hounds, (maybe run 4 units of hounds they own) Frenzy that can not be removed = no psychology anyway.

Maybe make your other set of knights MoN ppl love to shoot them, or MoT with blasted standard (4+ ward save vs shooting, and a 6+ rest of the time, you just rolled a 1 to botch your armour save, now maybe youll get a 6 to make up for it, dice karma!)

MoS is wasted on knights being the point:)

I like Sorcerors, often i run a mounted one with combat items because in a 1k battle they are actually pretty effective killing things. Otherwise 2 mounted exalted 1 with each unit of knights is quite scary.

I play dwarves/highelfs a lot just because thats in my group, and if you really want to be awesome i would go 3 units of knights and lots of hounds over dragon ogres, but i think a lvl 2 sorc and a few banners, and 2 more units of hounds should be near 1000 depending on items i would MoT the sorc and put with the knights with blastard standard to save him from shooting!

List is pretty similar to what I use in those point ranges so not a lot to point out!

alphamale
27-05-2010, 05:33
Thanks guys for all the reply.

I went with MoS because I theme my lists with a single god.

I like the idea of 2 mounted exalted heroes and will be updating my list with them.

As for holding off until the new edition kicks in, I didn't think it would matter as I have enough models to start playing and my gaming circle has the books. But it is good advice so thanks!

Will be posting a full 1k list in the army list section soon. Sorry for the wrong forum post :)

Eta
27-05-2010, 08:28
MoS on knights is quite good IMO. With the not so great Ld of 8 you will get problems when you want to charge terror causers. But as danny already mentioned, it is best to wait until the new edition has hit the shelves.

Greetings
Eta